Another burden falls on your shoulders. You look so capable that people are willing to trust you with more than you want. Some are probably taking advantage of your good nature or sterling professionalism. Can you prove it? And if so, what can you do about it? At first you seem to be getting a bad deal, but it all adds up when you revisit the paperwork. You didn’t think you bit off more than you could chew, although it’s taking far too long to process this mouthful. Check with your dentist to be sure that all is well.
1. How much time do you spend online each day?
If I answered that truthfully, you would think I had no life outside online. So, I will blatantly lie and say, um, a hour or so.
2. What is your browser homepage set to?
How thrilling is this? My Excite home page.
3. Do you use any instant messaging programs? If so, which one(s)?
I am, by nature, monogamous to Yahoo but have been forced into running AIM to talk with work peeps that refuse to get Yahoo. I have been using Yahoo for over 4 years and am totally comfortable with it. Have met some good friends through it and am quite happy there. AIM can bite me. Trillian has a good idea but I don’t like that I cannot go invisible on it.
4. Where was your first webpage located?
Always right here. I shall be Snarkypants til I die (or get bored). Whichever comes first.
5. How long have you had your current website?
About a year and a half now. I can credit the Goddaughter ‘O Love for getting me into blogging. Bless her little heart. And I love it!! Now I just want to learn some real HTML and CSS stuff to be able to muck around with it some more.
Things I’ve learned this week:
1. You cannot prove a negative (okay, I learned this a couple weeks ago but just wanted to see if you were paying attention).
2. The way to the boss’s heart is NOT to come back and cause a huge fuss, disrupt the department and demand special part time work situations at the same salary.
3. Along that same concept, don’t talk shit about this same boss. Because he is the one (and the only one) that could help get you this PT work situation you seek. Talking shit about him to people who go right back and tell him is not, under even the best circumstances, going to get you what you want.
4. Keep your mouth shut unless you know, with 10,000% certainty that you are blabbering to allies. Because you might be cooking your own goose every time you open your mouth.
Oh! and happy news! I reached my 15 pound lost goal today! H and I made a bet to see if I can lose 15 between J4 and Labor Day and he is to lose 25. Today I hit it (and went one over!) and he is down 20! I still miss my carbs because it’s no fun snarfing protein. But I look good in these new clothes and that balances it out (mostly (tee hee)).