I have about 30 things to do today so more on the game will be forthcoming but here’s what I wrote on the Caps message board. This should tide you over for now:
Wonderful things about the Caps/Flyers game last night:
1. How amazingly quiet the Flyers fans got after we started scoring and holding them down on shots on net. Early on, all you heard was “Let’s go Flyers” and I thought “Oh Lord, it’s gonna be a LONG night” but funny how quiet they got after that first goal! (It was so lovely, I must say)
2. The energy in that place from the Caps fans was awesome! We were in the 200 level this time (usual seats in 117) and it was practically palpable – the fans were definitely into it and it only got stronger as the game went on. I really wonder if the guys can feel that.
3. We were down right on the ice for practice and I saw someone with a sign that said: “Play with Pride” and I thought that was an awesome thing to say. Yeah, the team has been decimated of players who are known commodities (and, in Bondra’s case, fan favorites) but there’s no reason they can’t go out there and play good hockey. And they did.
4. My husband and nephew (Flyers fans both) were reduced to sitting there quietly while my Goddaughter and I got to sing “GOAL – You SUCK” at them twice. Hahhaha I don’t often get to do that so I took full advantage of it and enjoyed every minute.
5. Wonder of wonders, that cra_ppy opening video is GONE!!! YEY!
Truly, the best game of the 13 we’ve been to all year.