I know it looks like bitching about the fuckuptitude that is our” government” is getting to be almost a full time job for me but I swear, I do think about other things (even if I don’t write about them!). Although last night I did dream that KKKarl Rove was fired (hahahah AS IF – this is bizarro world, remember?)
1. The living room has been de-panelled and is now painted a lovely shade of … something. Sorta very light green/blue. It’s not quite how I thought it would look (the door frames and stuff need to not be the same color, I am thinking) but I’m sure it will look nice once we get curtains and furniture in there. I’m just happy to be free of that icky basket border in the hallway. Damn, that was the very embodiment of hideous. Ask anyone, they’ll tell you it was. So, it looks better but it still needs a bit of tweaking.
2. Duty is in England for week one of his three week stint. Since we didn’t want to have astronomical phone bills just to talk about which cat puked where or how often Max tortures the bunny outside, we are using the voice feature to Yahoo IM. Works pretty well. Not perfect, but quite good (and FREE!!). The only hitch seems to be the five hour time difference and coordinating our schedules to be online at the same time. Even though when we are both home, he’s in the tv room watching the same episode of “Law and Order” (over and over and over) and playing online poker, and I’m doing all manner of domestic goddess chores and goofing around online in the other room, I do miss him.
3. Woo Hoo! TV season has begun! Lost!! and … uh, LOST!! :) I haven’t paid much attention to other stuff on although I hear there are a few other good shows this season. I shall check the listings.
4. Speaking of TV, I watched a good, old movie the other day – Witness for the Prosecution. The sparring between the curmudgeonly barrister played by Charles Laughton and his nurse played by Elsa Lanchester (not coincidentally, Charles Laughton’s real life wife) was hysterical! Very finely honed british interplay. Whippet smart. Loved it.
5. Mom houseclearing (again) today. I will say that it feels good to see the trash bags heap up high and know that I am (sort of) making progress. Still, a long, long way to go. Props to the Cousin ‘O Love for coming up on Sunday to help. It was much appreciated. Also, have a possibility for a place for mom in Annapolis. Will have to do more checking on it.
And, back to the politics with this vintage “Get Your War On”: