… a post about what brings me joy and happiness!
* Receiving emails of love and support from friends and family about my last whiny ass post. Thanks Hockey Kim and Unc Charlie. They were appreciated more than I can tell you.
* Watching Ovechkin score the goal that tied the game last night for the Caps, sending us into OT. Then (guess who?) scored the winning goal in the shootout. I love that boy. He makes what looked to be a horrendous season much more fun to watch and be a part of. Mark my words, Calder trophy will be on his shelf come the end of the season. (Yes, SC is cuter but ‘vetch rocks!)
* Bookstores – no surprise there, hey? I love love love walking into them, getting a latte (gingerbread! W00T!) and grabbing a few books to peruse. I daresay I am at my happiest in a bookstore.
* Hearing Emma call “Hiya MissaWeesa” over the fence
* My laptop. Bury me with it, willya?
* Listening to David Sedaris on cd. I think my favorite piece has to be the story about his sister Lisa who had a parrot. Apparently, she was going through some rough times and taught the parrot to be her own personal cheerleader. David said that when he would call, he could hear the parrot in the background saying “We love you LISA!!!”. (You have to hear him do this routine. Mere words cannot convey the humor.) Now, this phrase has become shorthand between me and the GOL. (Wonders where to buy her a parrot!)
* Watching my kitty cat (Midjull) sleep on the new recliner that we apparently bought just for him. Man, I have to schedule appointment time just to sit on the thing. (Although he is often willing to share and sits on the side with his paw on my arm.)
* Watching this administration implode under the weight of their lies. The law of threefold return gets ya every time, peeps.
There are many things that bring me happiness. Sometimes I just have to look around and notice them. :)