I am up early since we are going to the Caps 1pm throwdown of the Flyers and must travel into NoVA to gather the perpetually barfing GOL. Even on a weekend day there is sure to be a bunch of traffic and jams for no good reason. And not jams of the fun kind, neither. So, in order to get to MCI Center to get photos of Ovechkin et al, we must arrive early. Let it be noted for the record that we are a four wheeled cart missing its, uh, fourth wheel. Justin (aka: Nephew of love) is still in Texas and wasn’t able to come. We miss you, knucklehead. It won’t be the same without you.
I hold little hope of the Caps issuing any kind of a beatdown on the Flyers this year. They (Flyers) are doing quite well, thankyouverymuch with the addition of Peter Forsberg, arguably the best hockey player on ice today. Damn it. But that’s okay. We’ll still have big fun anyway even if we get slammed. Being at a Caps game with the GOL is one of my favorite places to be. (Her: “What’s that penalty? Ice chipping?” Me: “No, it’s high sticking” — ah! Good times.)
We of the eternally boring land of, uh, eternal boredom have no other plans for the evening. We maybe might hit Mike’s American Grill in NoVA for dinner depending on crowds, hunger and mood. Other than that, we will hang out here most likely falling asleep before the ball drops at midnight. Dat’s okay. In my next life I plan to come back as a hot babe who parties her ass off. Yeah. This is all true.
Resolutions you ask? A mere few:
1. Stop eating crap that is not good for my body. (Iced oatmeal cookies, I am talking to you!) Reap rewards of feeling better in my body. (Hear that, Uni???)
2. Get out and just DO some healing work. Quit talking about it and taking every class imaginable and JUST DO IT.
3. Let my friends and family members know how much I love and appreciate them. And let those I don’t love and appreciate wonder why I don’t. Ha!
4. Enjoy every day that I am given and give thanks to God, the archangels, Vy, Aradia, my guardian angel and all of the angelic crew who take such good care of me and those who are important to me. (Guys, the barfing can stop anytime, mmmkay?) May we all be blessed and feel loved and give that in the same measure to others.
5. Welcome new friends into my life and accept their love and kindness. Let old friends know how much I am glad to have them as my companions.
6. To allow judgement to seep away from my thoughts and acknowledge that we all have special gifts, even if they are packaged in some ungodly outfit which bares their “shouldn’t be bared” midriff. (Gotta work on this one)
7. Be a more interesting blogger. Learn HTML so I can muck around with my own webpage (GOL having other, more pressing issues to attend to at this time) and throw fairy dust around where I can. (Yep)
May all of you who read my blog have a happy, healthy, joyful and loving 2006.