Best parts of today:
1. Visiting my most beloved goddaughter in the princess suite at
the Hilton Children’s Hospital in DC. She looked very marvy and luffly in her tiara and nifty hairdo. I try hard not to squeeze her with love when I hug her but some days I cannot seem to help myself. Today is one of those days.
2. Meeting FINALLY (after, what? three years?) my good friend and former blog star, Snapper!! YEY!! We (me and Duty, yo) met up with him for dinner and attendance at the beatdown game – Caps v. Penguins. I won’t speak more about said beatdown as we shall cover that in another section of this post, alas.
3. Pretty, pretty snow. That doesn’t impede one’s driving (too much). I got to wear my goofy hat and see the pretty landscape.
… and now, moving to the Oy! Oy! Oy! portion of the program:
1. It was the Caps, unfortunately, who were the recipient of the beatdown – losing to the pens 6-3. What a mess. The first period was good, despite the dolts from pittsburgh scoring first. Lots of fights, blood and angst. It was all you could want in a hockey game. Then came period two which was NOTHING at all you’d want in a hockey game: penalties galore for the caps, goals galore for the pens. At the end of the regulation 20 it was 4-0. Period three evened things out a tad when the caps scored all three of their goals but as the saying goes “too little much too late” and so it was. (sigh) No one put the beatdown on Crosby or even Whitney. The goon we brought up from Hershey did his thing (pups to him) but it wasn’t enough. So, yeah. What a mess about sums it up. (We did have fun though.)
2. I saw not just one sign but several (ok, yes … all in the same place) on the way to DC advertising roses for sale. However, (GASP) they spelled it like this (oh man, I can barely bring myself to type this): Rose’s for sale. People, this is about 17 kinds of wrong. If you don’t know what to do with an apostrophe, DON’T use it. I would rather see a need for one than one that so totally doesn’t belong. GAH! It makes me want to take a spork and gouge my eye’s out.
That’s about it for today. I am attempting to type this with a cat’s butt curled up on my left arm. Murphy’s new position is to sit there while I am on the laptop. Not sure why but she loves it. I don’t mind it if I am just reading blogs or surfing, but it does make for an interesting typing position. :)