1. Eddie Izzard – oh you knew he’d be first on the list, didn’t you? Bloody hell! He’d wear fantabulous makeup, stilletto heels and make goofy faces at the other end of the table. He’d be the first to arrive and the last to leave (the next day! ha! as if, I know)
2. Jon Stewart – because the best complement to a british transvestite is a snarky New Yorker. Even if he never said a word during the meal, I’d be happy just to be in his energy. JonnyStew can also stay late, if he so wishes.
3. Princess Diana – because she can teach me how to project an aura of confidence even when you don’t feel confident. (True secret – sometimes I pretend I’m her when I’m in certain social situations and am nervous about meeting people. Don’t tell anyone, k?)
4. Anne Lamott – she’s such a delightfully snarky writer and I know she’d be sure to give us some good dinner discussion. Besides, she’s the only white woman I’ve ever met (and yes, I HAVE met her) with dreads. She rocks. And she can come for sketti at my house anytime.
5. Jennifer Anniston – and just shut up. I like her and think she’s purty. She can tell us what a putz Brad Pitt is (I so am not into him) and we can make her feel better about him being stuck with a psycho gf (Angelina) and 37 kids. Eddie and Jon will make her laugh and she and Di can model pretty clothes for us. (Yes, I know Di has moved on to another plane of existence. Just float on with me here, mmmkay?)
6. Al Gore – he will banter back and forth with Jon Stewart and we all might learn something. He must say the words “lockbox” at least once during the evening.
7. Robert F Kennedy – always one of my heroes. I would love to have met someone like him with such passion for the greater good. He can take the same flight in with Princess Diana.
8. Gilda Radner – truly a great comedian and just did amazing work for cancer support. She can sit next to Anne Lamott. I suspect they’d get along just fine.
9. James Gandolfini (but only if he comes in character as Tony Soprano) – I dig Tony. I think it’s the Italian thing with me. Or the alpha male thing. Or a chubster breathing heavy thing. Who knows? However, I’d be inclined to let him stay later but doubt I am his type which is probably a good thing, all considered.
10. Alex Ovechkin (star player on the Washington Caps hockey team) – all that boyish enthusiasm, tenuous grasp of the english language and fabulous thighs in one package. (fans self) Yeah, he can sit right here next to mama.
11. George Costanza (I know he’s not real but George was always my favorite Seinfeld character) – he’d bring the neurotic and act even more goofy than me on my worst day. I’d sit him next to Eddie just for kicks AND to see the look on George’s face when Eddie shows up in a skirt.
12. Jeff Probst – because he’s got the cutest dimples I ever did see and he can sit there and smile at me all night. (I don’t have high expectations for this event, can you tell?)
13. Prince – he probably wouldn’t talk or eat but he’d sure as hell put on a great show afterward. Then he and Eddie can discuss how to walk in 5″ heels.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
O-VIE O-VIE O-VIE!! Please oh please oh please can I sit next to him???? I’ll wear a bib to catch the drool! :)
That would definately be an entertaing group. What would you serve for the meal???
I love Jon Stewart . . . he’s hilarious. He would definitely keep the party going!
OMG! You didn’t invite me. I’m SO! offended.
What a fun list! I think Eddie Izzard would be a blast, too, among your others.
My T13 is up!
Great list. I’d love to be there partying with you. Especially with Princess Di, Gilda Radner and Prince.
I would LOVE to be at that party! Great list!!! lol, on Bad and Angelina. I can’t stand them either. Love Jenn!
Love Jon Stewart, Aniston and would really enjoy meeting Costanza!
Great, great list.
Can I come to dinner with you?
Mine are up.
Sounds like a dinner party I’d love to attend *lol*
I wanna come to this party… it will be a blast.!
My TT is up!
interesting list. Ya know, this would be a wonderful dinner party! With ALL of ’em and such a diverse and great bunch of conversations over the dinner table.
My Thurs 13 is posted
I think it would be a hoot to have both Jennifer Anniston and my sister-in-law to dinner at the same time. My SIL used to date Brad Pitt … it would be interesting to compare notes. hehe
Let me know the date, and I’ll drop by. :) I’d love to hang out with # 2, 4, 6, & 8.
Wow that sounds like it would be one interesting dinner party. LOL Great list.
Great list! Can I come to dinner too?
Great list of famous ppl! ;)
I got my TT up too. LOL
I’d be in the corner, mesmerized by Gilda :-)
Snarky – this is a great list!
sounds like a facinating croud!!!!!
whenever I see shows about Princess Di I still get all misty over her tragic end