1. Cheers! to me for coming up with an idea for this 13. How’s this for irony? I’m substituting for my Thursday 13 substitute! LOL GRE (aka Nikki) was planning on doing the 13 this week (just for kicks) and had about half of it written when she sprained her ankle last night. How does that inhibit one from sitting on their butt and typing? Welllll …. stubborn little dolt that she is, she insisted on prancing around the office today almost as if she didn’t have a puffy ankle. By 2:30, she was in a bit of pain and despite snarfing motrin, was not in a happy place. So, the 13 was lovingly handed back to me! So, YEY for me!
2. Jeers! to pooty sprained ankles. I used to get them all the time. And in the most embarassing places too. Getting off a bus in the city on my way to work, I sprained my ankle and fell on the road. Some poor lady had to jump over me to get out of the bus to help me. Yeah, that was nice. So attractive I was.
3. Cheers! to Missy Emma for helping me clean the cat box. Bless her bitty 5 year old heart. She didn’t want to carry the bag to the trash because it was stinky. Can’t say I blame her. And lest you think I invite my neighbors over to do my chores …. uh, well …. she asked to help! Yeah, that’s it. She asked. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
4. Jeers! to my stupid cat Lucie who has lost the hang of peeing in the litter box. She pees near it and for her that’s good enough. For Duty, however, it’s cause for insanity. He’s taking it better though and we’ve put down a sheet of heavy plastic near the box so if she misses, at least it’s not on the carpet.
5. Cheers! to leaving work early. Apparently, the suicide of a client after learning he had Parkinson’s disease hit Big Boss hard and he’s feeling his mortality. This has resulted in him letting us leave at 4pm (instead of 5pm) and encouraging us to go outside and feel the sun twice already in a month. Uhhh, okay. Done and done!
6. Jeers! to me because I usually leave at 4:30 so everyone got to leave an hour early and I got gypped out of 30 minutes. Boo hoo hoo, right? I know.
7. Cheers! to me for getting stuff done at work today despite McTizzypants learning that YouTube exists, futzing with his speakers for an hour, then spending the remaining hour he was at work playing Bejeweled on Yahoo games AND listening to the radio online. I had to show him how to turn the sound off on Bejeweled so he wouldn’t be found out. (Of course, anyone can walk by and see him playing. Don’t need no sound to give you away, moron.)
8. Jeers! to having to sit in that office with his ass all day. Every time I get on the phone (client, back office or husband), he takes the opportunity to call his (maybe ex, maybe not ex-) wife. Cripes! Does he not think I can hear him even while his radio is blaring, Bejeweled is plinking and I am talking? Well, bloody hell, they didn’t call me “antennae ears” in grade school for nuthin, buddy. Think I should tell him that I hear every wretched word he says?
9. Cheers! to podcasts! Specificially, the Stephcast. I listen to the day before’s show on my way into and home from work. Each segment is about 40 mins long – no commercials – just progressive liberal silliness! I am in pig heaven. It makes the trip so much easier.
10. Jeers! to not having time to watch all my Tivo’d stuff. I am trying to record some new shows as well as the standby’s (Daily Show, Ten Years Younger, Olbermann, etc.) but I have done run out of time to watch it all. Don’t laugh but I have a movie on there I recorded almost two years ago and haven’t yet watched. (It’s “Monster” btw) Why? Who the hell knows? Just haven’t been in the mood to watch a story about a chick serial killer. So shoot me! (wait, don’t do that!)
11. Cheers! to watching the Repug party turn on itself. Welcome to “Grasping for straws” theatre. The show is about to start. Can’t come soon enough, if you ask me. Although, I have a baaaad feeling that the idiots in question will somehow snake out of it as they always manage to do. Sheeple! Wake up! Come to the light. We have cookies.
12. Jeers! to McTizz thinking (I wish I were kidding) that I had the “hots” for him 12 years ago. WTF?? Oh dude, no. Where he got that idea I have no clue. It was always about Hollinger at that time. Never McTizz. Ever. Just eww.
13. Cheers! to sitting on my couch, surrounded by purring kitty cats, listening to peaceful music and typing. I have a charmed life (not even a semi-charmed, this, but a fully-charmed one!). I love it.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants