1. I was born on October 22, 1960 (OY!). Did you know that, numerologically speaking, the number 22 is a “master” number? Well, it is. And according to this site, here’s all you need to know about me from my day of birth:
2. Best birthday present from my mom: A gold necklace with my name on it. You see them a lot now but this was “back in the day” when they weren’t so prevalent. My friend Robyn had one and I lusted after one just like it. I can still see mom sitting on the couch telling me that she wanted to get one for me but she just didn’t have the money for it. I understood but was still bummed. Wouldn’t ya know it? She had it all along and I was doubly surprised on my birthday.
3. Everyone should have a singing telegram once in their life, right? About 7 years ago, my lovely co-workers surprised me with a pink gorilla singing happy birthday in front of the entire office. I loved it, I admit, but was mightly embarassed at the same time. Interesting mix, eh?
4. At one of my previous places of employ, I was the “birthday coordinator” and always got the cake and cards and stuff for everyone. Come my birthday, they all forgot. That’s what I got for working with mostly guys. (Rich made up for it with cupcakes the next day, though!)
5. Beloved Goddaughter of Love ™ used to make my birfday cakes and always knew just what kind to bake. I didn’t have to wonder who would be taking up that mantle this year in her absence. Cousin ‘O Cool stepped right up to the plate. YEY!! I loves me some cake. And here’s a fun fact: Duty has never baked me a cake! He will before I’m finished with him! hehe
6. But, to his credit, he always goes shopping for cards from the pets and gets just the right ones too! A lovey and goofy one from Max and cute kitty cards from Murphy, Lucie and Midge. So, I guess that exonerates him on the “no cake baking” issue, right? (And yes, he also gets me cards from the pets for Mother’s day. Isn’t he a sweetie?)
7. I guess I will have to wear the birthday crown alone from now on. Can I say I’m wearing it for two? (See why I say this here.) (Warning: kleenex time)
8. Best present from Duty: Well, this would probably be my Tivo. At the time he got it for me, I wasn’t all that thrilled. I mean, he watches way more tv than I do. Then I learned the joys of tivo … ah! To never have to sit in front of the tv flipping channels again! Always something to watch! This has become most likely my favorite present ever. :) (Which I readily admit to him.)
9. Twinnie and I trade presents since her b-day is exactly seven days before mine! I bought her presents and a card over the summer when I saw a few items that were perfect for her but because I’m a dolt, I didn’t get them sent out in time. Good thing she loves me! Happy BELATED birfday, Twinnie ‘O Mine!
10. I still feel about 28 so I think I will stay there for a good long time, mmmmkay? Although La and I agreed to stay 12 so I will vacillate between the two. Each age has its merits, right? At 12 you can be dreamy and goofy and a tool and at 28, you are young, wild and free. (At 46, you get wisdom, the right to wear jammy pants around the house at will and decent paychecks to buy old lady shoes!)
11. I love love LOVE presents. LOVE them. Have I mentioned that I really dig presents? Okay, just checking. ‘Cuz I do.
12. I don’t really care what celebs share my birthday. In my mind, it’s just me. (How’s that for a healthy dose of ego! hah)
13. Right now is a wonderful time in my life – I know my path and am taking steps to continue on it. I have a wonderful family who loves me and shows it and I am surrounded by friends who all have special places in my heart. Thanks for taking good care of me and let the celebrations begin! (note the PLURAL in celebration – I can’t have just ONE celebration, right??)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants