Have ya noticed the decline in my heretofore excellent 13s? Yeah, me too. Sorry about that. Thanks for always cheering me up with your kind words and comments. It makes me feel loved.
Here’s my very simple 13 for this week – in the middle of getting ready to leave for Sancta Sophia, I found out that my mom’s cancer has spread quite a bit from when she had her mastectomy this past July. Hospice is now taking care of her at the nursing home and all they can do is make her comfortable in the time she has left. I’ve been able to process the news in the past few days with the great help of my darling husband Duty and the PiK – both of whom know just how to take care of me and both of whom I am able to let take care of me. I leave on Saturday for 10 days in Oklahoma with Regina to soak in the fabulous energy of the seminary, meet the Dean (Reverend Carol Parrish) and just immerse myself in the woo. (More about this before I leave.)
But today, here’s 13 things I am thankful for right this minute:
1. That we have time to say goodbye to mom as we had with Lauren.
2. I am thankful that mom gave me her blessing to go to Oklahoma. She said “I’ll be right here when you get back”
3. I thank the angels and my teachers/guides that they have my back on this and have told me so.
4. Duty is coming home on Thursday night so I can get a big ass hug.
5. While I bitched about doing “mom duty”, I’d say that overall, it’s brought us a lot closer in the past few years and that’s made her happy.
6. While in OK, I will have my natal chart read and look at the astrological view of my life path. Part of me wonders if it will show that I’m on the right path or if I’m completely off-kilter and should have been a mathematician (ha!). Then the logical part of me takes over and slaps myself.
7. I am oh-so-thankful for a healthy body and mind and soul. Let’s keep it that way, shall we?
8. Having Roommate Greg here hasn’t made me feel lonely. While there’s a story that goes with just about every comment, he has a pretty good sense of when to leave me be (usually if there’s a computer on my lap, that’s a good indication).
9. Rose Rosetree asked me to review her upcoming book and might use a quote from it to feature on the cover of it! Woo-Hoo!
10. The Dems are beginning to get a backbone and ‘murika is beginning to wake up from the nightmare of the past six years. PiK and I are avowed conspiracy theorists because we believe that nothing happens by coincidence. (More on this maybe another time and maybe even from her!)
11. My coffee maker always has coffee ready for me in the morning. Pretty nice, eh?
12. Bombastic Bossman was out of the office for the afternoon today – that was pleasant indeed. He’s a character, kids. Truly.
13. That I am loved.
Anyway, that’s my 13 for this week. Look for PiK to hijack the ‘pants soon and run off with it. More on my luffly guest blogger Friday.
Peace and love to all you guys and a special shout out to my soul-sistah Nancy who just lost her “Poppy”. ::HUGS:: to you, girly.