PiK says I’ve been kinda whiny and depressed on this here blog and I better cheer my ass up! (ok, she didn’t say it in just those words) so Duty suggested I do a TT about the good things that have happened this year. Me? I wanted to do 13 song lyrics that I like but was overruled (on my own blog! How ya like them apples, hey?)
Anyway, here it is:
1. Britney Spears finally realized what we all knew and left Kevin F. Federline! YAHOO! It was cause for much rejoicing and discussion that she had regained (what little existed of) her senses. Then, merely two weeks later, she’s spotted out and about town minus some panties. Not once, not twice but many, many times. So, I suppose we take the good with the
4. Oil prices went down – and just in time for an election in which the repubs were supposed to get creamed. Imagine that?? Gee, thanks, oil companies (and President Gasman) for the brief respite in prices. As I predicted, they are inching their way back up so the corporations and dub’s buddies can get all the money now before they start the investigations into gouging and whatnot.
8. Al Gore’s movie “An Inconvenient Truth” actually opened quite a few eyes. Did I see it? No. But I wanted to! :) That counts. Right?
9. I’m like running out of ideas here. Is that a good thing? Ummm, how about my TT string remains unbroken (and totally uninspired but hey, it’s been a rough 4th quarter for me!)
12. Good heavens, this is harder than I thought. Here’s a cool lyric: “The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket” – “Wish you were here” (Incubus) How poetic, hey? I love that line.
13. “Let go of your heart, let go of your head and feeeeel it now” – “Babylon” (David Grey) and the theme of 2007 for me.
Happy Happy NYE to all and I send love and blessings to all my bloggy pals!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants