So, I start a class on Wednesday nights for two months and since that’s the night I do my TT’s, I’m either going to have to do it earlier (the horror!) or do a semi-lame one (so what else is new?) or not do one at all (quelle horreur!!). So, you get earlier AND semi-lame! Woo Hoo!
1. 9 crimes / damien rice – very somber tune but really catchy in its somberness. I keep singing it and don’t even realize I’m doing so.
2. MMMMBOP / Hanson – because how can you POSSIBLY be unhappy when listening to this song? (This is my not-so-secret 13 year old choosing the tunes. Can you tell?)
3. In a big country / big country – Do you remember the video for this song? It’s one of the greatest 80s one hit wonder songs ever! “In a big country dreams stay with you …” – I was rocking out to it just yesterday. Full volume is a must.
4. Like the way I do / Melissa Ethridge – This was the first song of hers that really spoke to me. She’s such a gutsy singer and songwriter – really speaks from the heart like few can do. Great song for times of anguish (not that I have those, of course (wink)).
5. Calling all angels / Train – “I need a sign to let me know you’re here. All of these lines are getting crossed over the atmosphere …” I always call on my angels – all of them. (Sends them a big shout-out and a smooch)
6. Fly like an eagle / Seal When you catch yourself dancing to a song in Kmart, it’s either time to get it from Itunes or have the men in white coats come take you away. I chose the former and got my dance on (at home). I love this version – Seal is a cool dude.
7. Evil Woman / ELO – one of my most favorite songs from the 70s. I always fancied myself an evil woman (well, in a sexy way) but I’ve been told that I’m more of the witchy type rather than evil type. Still, cool song and in my top 25 of all time.
8. You’ll think of me / Keith Urban I like the way he words things even if it is a standard crappy country song (all due respect to those out there who like this type of music (waves to PiK)).
9. Do what you want / Hall & Oates – A goodie from back in the day with H&O although now I don’t like it as much as I seemed to then. Oh well, it’s just 99 cents, right?
10. American Idiot / Green Day – Probably the jammingest song I have – I totally rock out when this one comes on. And it’s so anti-bush too – LOVE THAT. “Don’t wanna be an american idiot, one nation controlled by the media ….”
11. Holiday / Green Day How could I not like this song:
12. Best of You / Foo Fighters Does this song remind anyone of an episode of “Breaking Bonaduce” where his wife wanted to leave (again)? I like it – kinda hard rocking but sincere. Think about it – WHO is getting the best of you?
13. Let’s get it started / Black Eye Peas – I got this one for Duty to download to a hockey game cd. I only like the first part where she sings “Let’s get it started … in hereeeeeee” That’s a fun song.
Anything new on YOUR Itunes list?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants