So, yeah. Here it is. I know you all were waiting with bated breath to read this and I shan’t disappoint!
1. I like my paper money to be organized. When I leave money on the table at a restaurant, all the bills must be facing the same way. If Duty leaves it all a mess, it really bothers me. Yet, I live amongst constant clutter and that doesn’t irk me at all!
2. The more books I buy, the more secure I feel. I don’t even have to read them. Just buying them and having them strewn around the house makes me feel safe.
3. I cannot watch a movie from anything but the beginning. If I’m flipping channels and come upon something I want to watch, if it’s already begun, I won’t watch it then. Gotta start from the beginning.
4. So given that, I find it odd that I refuse to believe I need to learn the foundations of things before I move on to the next step. Join an organization? Have no clue what it’s about? Doesn’t matter! I think I can run the thing in about five minutes. Learn all the Reiki hand positions? Oh please. That’s for neophytes. I must be freeeee, I tell you, FREEEE to do what I want!! We breech babies must jump right in and GO! (winks at the PiK)
5. I often drink coffee right up until I go to bed. The caffeine doesn’t bother me at all. Of course, I do make some not-too-strong coffee so maybe I’m not getting a full hit of it as I might if I had a triple latte or something. Still. I take coffee up to bed. There. I’ve said it.
6. When I organize things and put them all away, I can’t find them. When I’ve got all my piles around me, I know just where to find everything. The more piles, the better. (Do you think this will be an issue when I’m old(er)? Will I be a crazy cat lady just hoarding things in piles?)
7. Speaking of hoarding, I have a thing about boxes. I love them. It kills me to throw a good box out. Do I use them? Sometimes but not always. I just like them. (I put them in a pile with all my other stuff.)
8. I cannot stand to talk on the phone despite having 20-some years in an industry where that’s all you do. I hate it. (Roommate Greg says it’s par for the course of anyone who works in that arena. His father was the same way.) Still, it’s almost gotten to where I cannot bear for anyone to call me. (I think that moves out of quirky and over into neurosis, though)
9. I can eat the same thing every day for lunch and it won’t bother me at all. In fact, if I ate cereal for dinner every night, that’d be fine too. I’m very simple in my food requirements. (Either that or I’m lazy.)
10. I am enormously happy in the silence. When I’m home all day alone, I have no radio or tv on at all. I can’t stand the tv being on in another room. Too much noise and stimuli. I’d be happy at a silent retreat as long as I can have my books, coffee, internets and piles
11. If I am suddenly awakened in the middle of the night, I am exceedingly polite. Ask PiK. I am more polite while I’m asleep than awake. That’s pretty damn quirky, ain’t it?
12. I remember the names of all my grade school teachers. We even had one in 2nd grade named “Miss Mountain” – I used to joke that she got married to a guy named Frying Pan. (Oh shut up! I was 7 years old! You want the comedy channel, for pity sake?) But yep, can name all the teachers in order. HA! You know you wish you could. :)
13. I can’t bear to drive to work (an hour each way) without my Stephanie Miller podcast. Best $50 I ever spent! I save up shows I don’t get to listen to so I will have some on the days when she’s not there. (How quirky (and desperate!!) is that??)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants