1. I’m sad about my cat (see entry below). He’s eating some and drinking a teeny bit but seems so lethargic and sad. Well, I’d be lethargic and sad too if my liver was crapping out. I’m just loving on him lots.
2. That love involves me singing to him. My singing does not involve anything remotely pleasant. In fact, my mom once told me not to sing in public. Ever. So, I just lay on the floor, wrap my arms around Midgie and sing into his fur. He purrs a lot so either he likes it or he’s deaf now too.
3. This is day four of my thirty minutes of riding my bike every day! Woo-Hoo! Having lots of Tivo’d “Life on the D-List” with Kathy Griffin seems to make the time fly by. By the end of the summer, I will have thighs fit for a king, er, queen. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
4. I am also back doing Atkins in solidarity with Tool Time (cool chick from work). So far, so good. I will look faboo soon. I am tired of feeling sloggy and old.
5. I am in the conspiracy theory corner on September 11, 2001 and all the stuff that came after. Shit doesn’t “just happen” and all this is going to see the light of day when the time is right and for the highest good. I’d like to scream “I TOLD YOU SO” but beings of love and light like myself don’t do such things, you know. :)
6. I have a friend with whom I speak pretty often and this person is a hard core republican. We’ve agreed to never, ever speak of anything political lest we be forced to acknowledge that we’d want to beat the other about the head and shoulders. It’s been working pretty well for us except when I let a tiny little comment slip and I am reminded about our agreement with a comment like “You so don’t want to go there.” I’m not trying to change their mind (well, just a little bit). I want them to just come a tad more over to the light is all. Is that so wrong? (hehe) In fact, they won’t even visit my blog since it’s got
7. Today I got to call clients and let them know about a bond we had available and to see if they were interested in adding it to their portfolio. I can do this, you see, because I am (in my work life) a registered broker in addition to being the Operations Manager. I found out that the magic words are this: “Cletus” (financial advisor’s name changed to protect my bi-weekly paycheck) asked me to call and let you know that he thinks this bond is something you might be interested in.” They hear the magic words: “Cletus” says … and all is well. Amazing. I managed to work up quite a few trades while ToolTime input them into the system. We rock da house! (Of course, all the work we planned to do this afternoon got tossed on the side so that will be fun tomorrow.)
8. I love love love my bloggy pals: Nancy, Crse, Margie, and Ami (even if she does blog on Xanga! hehe). Thanks for the sweet comments on my kitty and for sending love and light and sympathy. MWAH! Big kisses to you all.
9. There are a couple big puzzlements in my life of late. I trust the Uni and all it has in the works but try as I might, I can’t pull all the pieces together so maybe I’m not s’posed to, eh?
10. I went back to read my blog from this time last year and I had so much creative energy. Man, it just jumped off the page. I feel like everything I write on here has been mopey anymore. I am spending too much time worrying/thinking about work and other sorta related crap and not letting my feisty little mind wander around like it’s used to doing. (picks up pen and contemplates what to write ….)
11. When a LOT of stuff is rolling around inside me, I don’t write. Not even in my journal. There’s been a lot going on that I haven’t written about on here (not for public consumption and it would bore the shit outta you anyways) and I am just now wrapping my head around it. I know that my flow will come back when this energy processes and moves through me.
12. I am reading Al Gore’s book “Assault on Reason” and so far, it’s quite good. I realized the other day that I used to really read a lot before computers came into the picture. Now, not as much because I fart around online too much. It’s a time suck like a big dog but don’t you DARE touch my laptop!
13. Is it Friday yet? :) I want to lay around and drink Cosmopolitans. (And NOT pass out this time! I. am. so. old. hahah)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants