So, here’s my brainstorm: there are songs that speak to a whole bunch of different sides of me. Why not show (and tell) you guys what they are? (Duty laughed at this idea and then tried to pretend he was just kidding when my bitty feelings got hurt so if it’s dumb, be nice, please?)
(The first five have the videos embedded but the rest are links since it took forever for the site to load)
Here we go:
3. Pure 80s girl – no matter where I am or what I’m doing, I get the urge to dance to this. The line that speaks to me is “only when I’m dancing can I feel this free …. live out your fantasies with me” Ah … youth.
8. Best friends with Lauren song : The last full day I spent with Lauren at the hospital we watched the entire first season of the british version of The Office. We LOVED this song and gleefully sang it the rest of the day. Yeah, I know. We’re 12.
9. This is really me – from start to finish – Babylon by David Grey – “If you want it, come and get it. The love that I was giving you was never in doubt – let go your heart, let go your head and feeeeel it now’ – Look inside me and you will get this vibration. (Plus, how cute are his little head bobs??)
10. Primal – Voodoo by Godsmack – Something about this song makes me want to dance or something. I wish I could belly dance (I’ve got the belly for it! haha) – don’t know what it is about this song that feels earthy and first chakra to me.
11. Longing – Incubus – “the ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket ” love that line and yeah, I wish you were here.
12. Floaty, floaty and ethereal – “Breathe Me” by Sia. This song just gets right inside me. I don’t ice skate at all but I can see this as a couples figure skating piece – twirling together and then apart. I don’t watch Grey’s Anatomy but liked this video best of all the ones out there … enjoy.
13. Loving daughter – “Time after Time” – mom and I used to watch MTV (okay, I made her) and this was like “our song” because the mom in the video (Cyndi’s real mom, btw) looked like my mom. At my wedding, this was the song I had played for her. “If you’re lost, you can look and you will find me, time after time …” (I miss you mom)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants