I splurged and gave myself the gift of a new blog design after having the same one (with a few tweaks here and there) for about three years. And I love, love, love it. So, here’s my ode to a great layout!
1. It was lovingly created by Leanne, my choice for best blog designer out there on the internets. With little or no guidance from clueless yours truly. And it turned out perfectly.
2. I only wish I looked like the cute chick at the top of the page. But I can dream, right? So, yes. Pretend I look like that. I look just like it. Yep. I do.
3. All new and updated WordPress software! Woo-Hoo! I am on the cutting edge of blogging! (You know you wish you were, right? hehe)
4. Leanne put a nice little tribute to the one and only Goddaughter of Love down there on the bottom left. My bloggy godmommy lives on in her pages out there and also in mine. No matter what blog layout I have, there will always be a place of honor to Lauren.
6. I can tweak it relatively easily. I need to add a few things at the bottom and re-do my links and stuff but I can actually do that because it’s laid out nice and cleanly.
7. I feel “official” now – how goofy is that?
8. I work for a living – why shouldn’t I splurge on something that makes me happy? :) It’s money well spent. I mean, I could be buying truckloads of Werthers candies and then what will I have to show for my money other than a butt that won’t fit in my pants? (Oh, and confidential to Ami: Grandma candies? Whaaaa? I loves them. I refuse to lose my “cool” status over my choice of
crack, er, candy.)
Ummm, I am running out of reasons. So, I will make stuff up for the next 4 things. Just play along, mmmkay?
9. Having a re-designed blog makes me look 10 lbs thinner. Really. It does. I am extra-slim because of it.
10. I’ve been invited to join Mensa now because of my professionally designed blog. I don’t know. I think, intellectually speaking, they are beneath me. What do you think?
11. People keep throwing money at me now that they see how faboo my blog looks. I don’t take it and all, because, you know, I sooo have lots of my own, but I’m pretty sure it has to do with things around here.
12. Jon Stewart called me today and asked me to co-star with him on “The Daily Show” now. Coincidence? I think not!
13. Alberto Gonzales resigned because my blog made his look unprofessional. It wasn’t completed when Rove resigned so I can’t take credit for that but I’m pretty sure Gonzo was my fault.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!