I don’t know about you, but any day I don’t have to go to work is a good one! For whatever reason! :) So, a cheerful Good Morning to all of you out there in blog-land!!
Here are some random thoughts in ma haid:
1. I no longer want to sleep with my cats (or rather, let them sleep with me). They have all but lost the ability to do that. Midjull never did well with it – 2am wall licking and hair chewing was his specialty and he was the reason we kept the bedroom upstairs a cat-free zone. Last night, I let Lucie up there with me and whoa! That wasn’t smart. She annoyed me all night long. I got, like, no sleep. Of course, she is fast asleep now while I am awake and blogging. Dammit. No more cats in the bedroom. Period.
2. Dear Senator McWideStance – when you belong to the party that does everything in its power to shut down gay rights and you have been leading that charge yourself, it looks pretty bad being caught soliciting some lovin’ in a Minneapolis airport. Just sayin’. What comes around, goes around, dear one.
3. I am reading a really good book now – Naked on the Page by Jane Ganahl. If you get a chance to check it out, I highly recommend it. She’s funny, sarcastic, introspective and fretting about losing her groove at 49. (Sounds like me, right? Except the fretting has been going on for a bit, alas.) Here’s what someone wrote in the reviews on Amazon and I wholeheartedly concur:
I don’t want to finish this book–because I hate to let go of such an engaging, honest, witty voice speaking the truth about being single and searching at the great half-century mark. Reading Jane Ganahl’s delightfully funny, insightful, and touching memoir is like having a deep, long talk with a great new friend.
It’s not as deep as Eat, Pray, Love (my all time favorite book (thanks Ami!)) but it is entertaining and witty. Man, to be a writer like that! (sigh)
4. The weather has been super the past three days. No humidity and sun galore. I am loving it. We’ve turned off the air conditioner and I can hear and see the birdies and squirrels. YEY.
5. Do I have to go back to the office? Can I quit and stay home and get started on my burgeoning woo-woo career? Please? Uni? Please? (notice a tad bit of begging here)
6. I am giving up Werther’s candies cold turkey. There is no other way. I should do my Thursday 13 on “Food items I cannot have in the house because I can eat them all in one sitting” – top 3 items: brownies, werther’s and iced oatmeal cookies.
Have a good day, everyone!
wow the new look loads way easier! Ive been lurking on google reader and havent figured out the comments but looky. Now I can! Buddy, I really hope the woo-woo takes off hard soon so you can scrape the slime of the corporate off you once and for all!
Yes, I agree with you on #2 – it does seem a bit hypocritical, yet also bizarrely hilarious, I have to admit. I don’t really understand what the whole deal is with gay rights anyway – I thought they just wanted “equal” rights that all Americans have under the Constitution… It’s not like they’re lobbying to have twice as many votes or being exempted from taxes…
Just finished reading “Eat Pray Love” as well.
Enjoy the rest of Labor Day weekend!
Thanks! Now you are adding to my TBR list. It keeps getting longer and longer.
Yes, the weather has been awesome!!!!! I think we are going apple picking in a minute.
When you figure out five, let me know!