Seems to be my tradition, doesn’t it?? :) It surely is interesting going back and looking at the 12/31 posts for each year I’ve been blogging. I can see where the woo-woo started (2002) and how it came to put me right where I am today (seminary student and burgeoning healer-type chick). So, if you want to take a look at where I was then and where I am now, take the tour and then join me below the fold, won’t you?
I decided to do this in threes since that number makes me happy. (It will surprise no one that my life path number is 3).
Three things that brought me joy:
1. Being able to sleep with a kitty cat again (kisses SophiaBeeya)
2. Getting a makeover for my blog (kisses Leanne)
3. Holding the bitty Luke and getting that “I know you” feeling that turned the room inside out for me the day after he was born.
Three things that brought me sadness:
1. Losing my Midjull of Love
2. Realizing that things are not always what they appear to be to a heart torn apart from losing the one person who was most loved.
3. Poofings – even when you know it’s coming, it sucks.
Three people who have helped me grow this year:
1. Mrs. Tool-Time – although she doesn’t see it, her strength and ability to stand up for herself helps pull me forward, even just a little bit, from my frightened “no confrontations, ever” corner. The phrase “It is what it is” will forever be associated with her in my mind.
2. My week at the Seminary mostly because of my wonderful roommate, Dana. A sweeter spirit I have yet to meet and she can conjure up Native American men to sing to you at will! (Don’t ask. Long story.)
3. Regina, of course. I am honored that she felt safe enough to ask me to fully step in and help her take the reins at Light Paths. I look forward to a fun 2008 of growing and changing with that loving community she has created.
(Bad Lisa would love to list “Three people who deserve a swift kick in the ass” but they know who they are, they don’t even read this and if they do, they should consider themselves roundly kicked in the butt with a big, pointy shoe!)
Three funnest times I had this year (of the many):
1. Italy with the one and only Cousin O’Love – she was so happy that we didn’t have to play the “let’s be quiet” game (too much). I would go back and get lost in the coliseum with her in a heartbeat.
2. Riding around lower downtown Tahlequah with Dana (being glad that we even got off the dag mountain!) in search of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks. Of course, that hardly compares to skulking around the “antique” shops listening to the workers (and I use that term in the loosest possible fashion) play “go fish” at the front desk.
3. Playing Diner Dash on my computer in between surfing political sites, watching Dexter and reading woo-woo books.
Three things I can do this year that I could not last year:
1. Channel my guides and teachers at will – this thing amazes me. I just have to get out of the way when it comes. Most recently, I felt the energy of Archangel Michael come roaring through me as I stood in for him at the solstice celebration at Light Paths. It was the most amazing thing! It was my voice, but the energy was his. Clearly. Just “way cool” (as Regina would say).
2. Accept that I am a teacher and actually do a bit of teaching.
3. See things in just a bit of a different light (thanks to Mrs. TT)
Three things I plan for 2008:
1. Finish my papers for seminary classes I’ve taken. GAH! You’d think I’d dig this sort of thing and I do, but what is holding me back??
2. Love my body, cellulite and all, and be grateful that I am so very healthy. Learn to be kinder to this magnificent house of my spirit/soul and treat myself with love.
3. Find a job that is closer and is a better fit with where I am in my life now. (I am hopeful that I’ve learned all the lessons I was to get at CPOE and that my teachers/guides will open the door to my next adventure.)
Bonus plan: watching John Edwards win the 2008 election! :)
Bonus plan 2: getting back into my snarky writing groove. I’ve lost it, methinks.
Three things I wish for my (more than 3*) readers:
1. Good Health for you and your loved ones
2. Peace and strength as needed
3. Light to shine into the dark places to see that they aren’t that scary after all.
Love and more to all of you in 2008!
*Ami tells me I have more than three but I’m not so sure! hehe