… when I don’t keep an eye on the Internets? Damn. John Edwards said he was stepping out of the race today and that totally bummed me out. Not that I thought he was going to win (well, okay, I was hoping for a come from behind powerhouse) but I loved him in there fighting, keeping his eye on the issues that mattered and holding Obama and Hillary accountable for their words. I saw this post over on Democratic Underground (a somewhat more civil DailyKos) and as I was reading it, I kept thinking “Yep, Yep, Yep” so here it is and kudos to SJDNB, the author:
Edwards supporters – The 5 stages of Grief
1. Denial: When I first read that JE was going to drop out, before the words came out of his mouth, I did NOT want to buy it, I hoped it was a rumor.
2. Anger: Didn’t he just say he was in until the convention? The damn M$M are too obsessed with the H&O hype-wars. Jesus, doesn’t anyone in this country realize what a great person he is and how he could have really turned things around?
3. Bargaining: Just let a Dem win, it’ll be OK
4. Depression: OK, so maybe I’m not OK with settling for someone just because they are a Dem. If someone like John (or, John) doesn’t get into/re-enter this race, we are doomed.
5. Acceptance: Will never happen. Never again, not for me. I will not compromise my vote or stop working to bring the best nominee to the table/President to the ‘office’. The types of major changes/shake-ups that need to happen to bring this country even halfway back to justice, fairness, and moral standing, will not, IMO, happen without people waking up and supporting someone like JE.
So, if that means I write in a candidate without a chance of winning, so be it. I’m sick of compromising my beliefs and principles for the ‘good’ of anyone.
Well, I know he has his reasons (and I do hope Elizabeth’s health isn’t the main one) and I accept the wisdom of the Universe on this one. (Not like I have any control over it so I surrender to it.)
But, fuckety, you know?