I bet you wonder what I do all day, don’t you? Come on, admit it. You think I chat with the angels and do fun woo-woo stuff, right? BZZZT! Wrong! I surf the web and find interesting blogs to comment on and write about! (Also, checking out all the latest and greatest Cookie news and the fun and frivolity that is this year’s presidential election keeps me awake most days.)
(hopes her boss doesn’t take this occasion to pop into the blog since I gave her the link during the Cookie meet and greet)
I have perused lots of blogs through various and sundry links and I will sheepishly admit here and now that if they have some sort of republican leaning, I tend not to read them. (isn’t that awful? The wonderful woman who designed my blog is of that persuasion and I think she’s the bees knees so I’m apparently inconsistent in my judgmentalism.) That said, I’m sharing a few with you now that I read every day. As a special bonus, the Sister-in-law of Love re-started blogging and hopefully will find her voice this time around.
1. Sizzle Says is a really cute and fun site. It’s very nice to look at and she has quite a following of her adventures. I feel like we’re friends and she’s just telling me about her day. (Yes, I consider other bloggers my virtual friends and am content with that – Duty says there’s therapy for that kind of problem.)
2. Junk Drawer Blog is HILARIOUS!! Kathy Frederick is, like Heather Armstrong, one of the best writers out there on the ‘nets. I spent one whole afternoon (at home, not work, boss. I swear.) reading her stuff just laughing to my little self. If you need a dose of funny and smart, check it out.
3. She’s a mom, she’s a democrat, she’s a MOM-o-Crat! Snarky, intelligent, funny – all the important things I look for in a blog, she’s it. I’m usually not one for “Mommy blogs” since I’m not a mommy (alas, in this lifetime, anyway) but I really enjoy reading her stuff. Plus, I really like the clean look of her layout. (Yeah, I’m getting that itch again, folks.)
4. Loves me some burgeoning psychic chicks! WitchyPoo over at PsychicGeek seems like a very cool person. I check out her blog daily as well because it’s peaceful to look at and she’s fun. Snarky & Psychic! Oh, sister of mine! :)
5. One Gal’s Musings – her love for the Cubbies rivals mine for the Cookie(s)! Like me, she struggles with exercising (although unlike me, she’s actually doing something about it!) and some fun ditches of depression. But she posts every day and shares my political leanings and I enjoy her “matter-of-fact” view of the world.
So, check those out if any of them pique your interest. If you know of a great blog and want to tell the world, add it to the comments. I’ll check it out while I’m
at work at home in the evening. (SHHH!)