… you’re DYING to know about the show Friday night with the sekrit boyfriend, aren’t you??
Warning, high squeeage ahead!
Well, I did NOT get to meet him (rats!) but that’s okay. What I did get to do, however, was stand at the edge of the stage right in front of him for the duration and could have touched him had I been into the public perv. Alas, I keep the perv on the downlow, so no touching. (I thought about it, though. Is that sad?) The picture below (not taken by yours truly) was pretty much how close we were to him. The show was, as the kids today say, EPIC. Loved it, loved him, loved the chicks with whom I stood in line.
1. college chicks are into showing the boobage. Good lord. I have never seen so much ‘tits on parade’ as I did there. If I were a guy, I’d have gone just to check it all out. There were, surprisingly enough, many guys in the audience so perhaps that is what they were doing. Who can say? Plus, Clinton and Stacy would have blown a gasket seeing all the outfit choices that were not, shall we say, making the best use of the person’s assets. I had to put my “oh, she is not wearing THAT” part of my brain on the side because it would have ‘ploded just looking around.
2. Over on one of the DC forums, someone posted that they saw a random tweet that said this “At the David Cook concert, these 3 old ladies in front of me and Haley were dancing and swinging their arms around..i actually recorded one.” and I was momentarily panic-stricken. I don’t think it was me (because I was totally rooted to the spot due to its location and the crush of girls behind me so not much dancing and/or arm swinging) but don’t be surprised if a video of me shows up somewhere on the internets. Will I point you to it? Hell no. I love you, all three of you, but just … no.
3. I have been minus voice for almost two days now because of the singing/screaming I did Friday night. Concerts are not for old ladies. Just sayin’. (Never know when some obnoxious, high-titted 18 year old is videotaping you!)
4. Teh pretty. He has it. I love him.
5. Clearly, he hears my telepathic messages because my favorite DC song evah (“Straight Ahead” from his pre-idol album) wasn’t on the set list we saw and I was so disappointed. He hasn’t done that song a whole lot in concert but I was hoping. Wouldn’t you know, he broke into a spontaneous version of it 4th song in. I almost passed out from joy. I think this is the song that killed my voice. So, if he does hear my messages, this opens up a world of fun for me. “Dave, come to the eastern shore and give a private concert to … me. Bring your guitar, leave the damn hat.” hehhe
6. Saw the “stalker girls” who travel around following the band. One’s mother even bankrolls her doing that. So, that’s interesting. (insert pissy comment here)
7. Ryan Star, the guy who opened the show, was really good. Boy has a set of lungs on him. But his face when he’s hitting those notes? Not so attractive. Bought his cd, though. (Lots of angst, but good.)
8. An insanely good time was had by all. One chick who was further back in the crowd video’d the whole thing and it’s awesome – great sound and since she put the camera on a table, there’s no bouncing or anything like that. A great reminder of one of the best times of my life.