Checking back to last week, I see that I had the same problem on Tuesday night – turned off the light intending to fall asleep but, as usual, my mind was very busy playing snippets of songs. That usually happens to me (the incessant snippet thing) when I have a fever but I feel fine so who knows why.
But, again, lucky you! You get 100 things part deux.
And now (drum roll, please), I give you:
11. Careers I have pondered but ultimately rejected: lawyer, journalist, therapist, high powered sales assistant to big stock brokers.
12. People can be so damn oblivious. Clients will call our business and say â€œYeah, someone there called me.â€ Itâ€™s true, I am psychic, but I only use my powers for important stuff, not divining which advisor called you when youâ€™re supposed to know who the hell that is anyway. And besides, who are you? Am I supposed to know that too? Common sense, people. Use it.
13. Surprisingly, even after that small passive aggressive tirade, I am here to tell you that I am hyper polite. Even to my pets, which makes no sense at all. They love me anyway. (I think.)
14. I’m pretty sure that I’d be rich if holding other people’s babies paid cash money. It’s the one thing that will make this introvert go right up to strangers and ask to hold their baby. In fact, I did it just this past Sunday and was especially pleased that this 9 month old baby girl was named *Lauren*. I think her mom thought I was a bit peculiar, snatching her child from her. Oh well.
15. If someone posts a story online for others to read and comment upon, carping about issues with punctuation needing to be inside the quotation marks isn’t quite what they were looking for, I’m guessing. I’m a small grammar Nazi myself and even *I* wouldn’t leave a comment like that. Yeesh. (Sends a shout-out to my co-writer who called that commenter a “d-bag” ha!)
16. I get very agitated when I see blatant lies and distortions presented as fact. There is such a thing as “The Google” people.
17. Should I be on (more) medication for that? Perhaps I can numb myself into not caring.
18. Everyone wants to talk to me about “American Idol”. I don’t like the show in general, despite all my actions last year. It’s David Cook I’m obsessed with, not the dumb show. Mostly, it’s bs. Except for Cookie winning. Then, not so much.
19. Speaking of idols, when I was much younger, I was totally in love with David Cassidy (what is with my adoration of singers named David, anyway?). My bedroom wall was papered with pictures torn out of Tiger Beat magazine. Once, my dad made me take them all down as a punishment. I was peeved because it took me HOURS to get them up there in just the right way. Then he felt guilty for making me take them down so he gave them all back. It was too damn late then. I never did put them back up.
20. Mean things I did to a blind father: make fun of him while he’s
yelling disciplining me, walking him to the wrong car and letting him get in only to announce that it wasn’t our car after all and watching “Courtship of Eddie’s Father” using the earplug after I had been told to go to bed. I was not a nice child, I suspect. Karma is a bitch, yes I know.
Alrighty, hope for insomnia to strike next week, same bat time, same bat channel.