…. for your Friday enjoyment!
1. Can someone buy me this? Mine needs to say my favorite quote: Take a minute just to breathe and think of everything you wanted and what you got instead. It won’t fit on there so just the first six words will do. (And if you notice the words on the model “It’s therapy for me to wear my heart on my sleeve” and were familiar with the oeuvre of a certain someone, you’d know who wrote those words. Just saying.)
2. It’s raining (again) and I’m alright with that.
3. There is a beautiful and haunting song by the Indigo Girls called “Ghost” that has deep meaning for me. I remember the drive home to Richmond after agreeing to a month long silence with someone I loved and crying and crying to it. It was almost like a baptism, all the tears I cried to this song. Hollinger, this one always belongs to you.
And I feel it like a sickness
How this love is killing me
I’d walk into the fingers
Of your fire willingly
And dance the edge of sanity
I’ve never been this close
I’m inï»¿ love with your ghost
4. So glad to have the day off of work. Not sure what my dealio is but whatever I’m going through does NOT need to be visited upon my co-workers. They are probably all glad I’m not there as well.
5. Life revelations are like big DUHs that appear before your eyes, you know? This one had to do with my father’s blindness and how it plays out in my life now. This ain’t therapy blog (is it? Sometimes it is, I s’pose.) so I won’t go into more detail here (yet, anyway) but what I came up with was both simple and profound. As I work hard at being more grounded, I’m digging up stuff that needed some sunlight and this is one of those things.
I’m living the jetset life so I’ll be winging my way to Valparaiso Indiana Friday evening and coming back on Sunday. In between we will have some remembering, some mourning, some laughing and lots of drinking, oh yes we will.
How many lies before it’s true
How many times will we clock out at zero
How many tries before we’re through
How many lives ’till another you