Another storm is brewing so I thought I’d get this up online before power goes zapppppo! like it did last night (and got in the way of some important stuff I had to do!!).
I leave Sunday for a week in Oklahoma at Sancta Sophia Seminary. I am so looking forward to being away from work and spending time up in the mountains. A change of scenery will be nice although I was just in VA Beach two weeks ago, Chicago/Valpo last week and OK this weekend but who’s counting, eh?
Quick: here are my Wednesday 10 (I think we are up to 70 now):
1. I so want someone to enter me on “What not to wear” but I don’t think my wardrobe is that sucky. (Do all the contestants say that? What if Stacey and Clinton make me throw out my “Word Nerd” shirts??)
2. I am not photogenic and I think I look hideous 90% of the time. Unlike the newly crowned Matriarch in our family (waves to her Godmommy), I don’t tear myself out of family pics.
3. Found out that my Cook Concert Buddies are all going to the York PA show but when I looked into tix for said show, they were $300!! Good lord. I’d pay it if I hadn’t already seen him in concert twice and at the race in May. There is no way I can justify $300 for a show I will have already seen three times by the end of July. They had to go on without me. (I do have some limits although I admit that if I didn’t have to account for the money to someone (coughdutycough), I’d probably go.)
4. I wonder if talking about Lauren upsets her dad. I know Cousin O’Love is fine with it and likes to talk about her (I think) but I always feel as if I am ripping the stitches out of a deep wound when I mention her around Steve.
5. I haven’t read Gossip blogs for a while now because 1) they’re just mean and 2) I don’t know who anyone is anymore. When did I stop being cool?
6. We had a client come in to the office the other day and when she found no one at the front desk, she took it upon herself to wander around looking for her financial advisor. WHO DOES THIS??? How about waiting your ass three seconds to see if someone comes out to help you? Not only that but she returned later in the day for some unknown reason and proceeded to do yoga poses in our lobby area. This. horrifies. me. Who told these people this behavior is acceptable? I swear to God I am going to post rules for hanging out in my lobby area.
7. I reconnected with my high school best friend recently. She sent me two emails and it was like they were written by different people. Wondering if she has some sort of bi-polar thing going on. It was just weird. Then, she disappeared back into the ether. I wish I could have talked to her more.
8. Fishdom is the gayest little game and I love playing it while listening to podcasts. I waste more time that way.
9. I wish I had gotten braces when I was younger. I have no one to blame but myself because mom took me to get it all going and I nixed it. She was taking care of my dad (who was pretty much at the end of his life) and didn’t have the energy to push me into doing it. (sigh)
10. I have put my own self into a coma with these ten things. My creativity well is dry this evening, alas.
I see Lucie slinking out of the room with her tail behind her so I know that means the storm is imminent so I’ll sign off for now. More boring blatherings from me later!