My dear blogging sister and Cubbies lover, The Gal Herself, bestowed upon yours truly this lovely award saying this:
Ah, my Snarkela. Like me, Lisa is a fan girl. Her love of David Cook reminds me of mine for Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Greg Maddux, Bruce Willis, Jon Hamm … (Is it me or is it getting warm in here?) Like me, she loves her furry roommates. However, unlike me, she has a genuinely mystic side, and that informs her special view of the world.
(Takes a bow)
Thank you, Gal. You are truly one of my bestest blog buddies. So I give the award right back to you and here’s why:
* You write often, sometimes more than once a day. Your posts are like snippets of your life – some are longer and tell a fuller story (your mom or your “unusual” sister), and some are quick bites of info about your job, your workout, your cat and of course, your beloved Cubs. But they are always well written with an eye for detail and impeccable grammar. That makes my heart happy.
* We share similar outlooks on things (politics, for example) but you are more vocal about it on your blog than I am here. (I’m more that way on Facebook, I think.)
* You “get” the true and deep meaning of arm porn.
* You introduced me to “Mad Men” (Will we all be tweeting while watching on Sunday? heh)
* And you are a wonderful fellow blogger, always leaving comments that say more than “Great answers!” or some such crappola. (tee hee)
There is no other blogger I follow as I do you. (’tis true, my dear!)
For all these reasons and many others, you’re the only one I’m going to share this with now. Just because. So there. :)
And now, back to your regularly scheduled whining.
With one big exception that kept me sane and happy (don’t ask), today was a huge spazz-out for me. I cannot handle chaos as I walk in the door to work. You’d think after a bizillion years in this industry, I’d get it but five people pulling me in all directions right as I start my day makes me want to lug out out a sledgehammer and start beating on people. I yelled at one of my dearest co-workers (and then apologized because she just happened to be in the way of my meltdown and it was totally not about her) and this cannot continue. I think it’s because I have been taking a med for poison ivy that is messing with my other meds and causing this. And yes, we will be stopping those meds posthaste.
BTW, got pics of Dancing Boy so will work on a post about him. I wish you could have seen the joy on this kid’s face. It totally lit up the room. His gangly, hiding behind his hair sullen teen cousin? Not so much joy except when some song with the words “Skeet, Skeet, Skeet” came on. (Found it: Get Low by Lil Jon.) And I can’t believe this boy sang these lyrics while dancing with his mom! At a wedding!! Oh my.
That’s all for me.
Signing off from the couch that Gal and I share (the one full of love and cat hair),
PS: How awesome is this picture? I had guinea peegs but never got around to making them little crocheted hats and stuff. (That’s a good thing, I’m thinking.)