1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
I don’t visit Walmart much mostly because there isn’t one close by. The last one I went to was in Tahlequah, OK and there I bought some breakfast bars, coffee and sundry coffee items and water. Excitement, no?
2. What is something that people are currently â€œintoâ€ that you just donâ€™t get or appreciate?
Hmm, let me see. Football. Not that people are “currently” into it but all the back and forth stuff on Twitter about this college or that one makes me want to yawn. After watching hockey, football feels like it’s in slow motion. Too much stop and start and they all act like it’s some big ass deal. I don’t care at all.
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel â€œho-humâ€ about? I’d say sekrit boyfriend but you’d be amazed at how much sail he hoists. :-) To me, it feels like my own little world but then I see how much others across the country and even outside the US are into him and I smile. Boyfriend has a long career in front of him. YEY!
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
“Straight Ahead” by sekrit one. I love that song – it’s high energy, it has my favorite lyric of all time in it and it just rocks out. Love it.
“I got questions for you / you got answers untrue / I can walk these circles all night long …”
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
French fries? No? Shoot. Feta cheese then. I love greek salads.
6. What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers?
When Lauren first dragged me into blogging (circa 2002) we used to laugh that we were the only ones who read each other’s blogs. I learned that I wrote because it was what I liked to do. Even if no one read it and I was blogging into the abyss, I’d still write. I’d say that to any other blogger: write because you want to. Write because it comes out of you and it’s just who you are. Open up that faucet and let it pour through you. If nothing else, you will learn a lot about yourself that way. I am thankful that I had the blog going through many of life’s challenges and adventures. I go back now and read some of the posts and can see how far I’ve come from that place.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
Mom wanted the name Karen, Dad wanted Rita. I have no clue how they ended up with Lisa. I never did hear what name it would have been had I been a boy. I probably should ask my own Godmommy of Love since she’s the only one left who would know that.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
LOL The moment when I start pulling all my shit together and head off in the direction I know is out there for me. I expect a banner and balloons from my guides and teachers saying “She finally gets it!!” heheh Wait for me, guys. I’m doggy-paddling as fast as I can.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
Books from Amazon. I swore I wouldn’t get any more all summer and I did pretty well but got a gift cert for Amazon and of course, had to buy a book (or two).
10. Todayâ€“what song represents you?
“If you could read my mind, love, what a tale my thoughts could tell.” – Gordon Lightfoot
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
Through pretty consistent writing, I’ve learned that when I am in a flow, I really do tell a good story. I’m not quite Dooce nor The Bloggess (You have to go right now and read her hilarious take on a GPS – I laughed so hard that I was crying.) but I do have my own little way with words.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes youâ€™re wearing today?
What do they say about you in general or specifically how youâ€™re feeling today?
I always imagine Clinton and Stacey looking at my wardrobe and rolling their eyes. Today I plan on wearing jeans and a t-shirt because it’s comfortable and clean. I am feeling crappy in my body lately and I can hide in these clothes. God help me if I were to be confronted by the “360 mirror of truth”.