Yep, that’s me!
Today I am this many:
I present to you “Thirteen reasons I am glad to be 49”
1. I am still too young to be in AARP.
2. Uh .. Uh … okay, forget this idea. That’s the only one I could come up with. How sad is that?
How about “13 things that make me happy”?
1. Birthday cake! Devil’s food with buttercream icing. MMMM
2. Nifty presents that arrive on my front porch! My Godmommy of Love sent me a really cool Irish dirt shamrock planter. YEY! Thanks, Godmom!
3. Dunkin Donuts coffee – MMMM!
4. Look at this cool votive candle holder Cousin ‘O Love found for me in Indiana. Is it not perfect? Swirlies and angels and everything! She always finds good stuff like that! (In case you can’t read the writing on it, it says “Trust in your inner voice. It’s your angels talking to you.” Perfect, no?)
5. Listening to Lucie purring as she sleeps here next to me.
6. Catching “Bridget Jones’s Diary” on cable by chance one night and being able to do all the dialog along with them.
One of my favorite lines:
Bridget Jones, wanton sex goddess, with a very bad man between her thighs… Mum… Hi.
7. Email! I love getting mail. I don’t always answer right away but know that your messages bring me joy just by showing up in my inbox.
8. Bookstores – Auntie G gave me a gift cert to Barnes & Noble and I know just what book I’m going to buy with it. Thanks, Auntie G & Uncle M!
9. Tomorrow is Little Man’s retirement party at work. He adores these pretzels I was getting for the office and we got him his own big box of them as a present! I can’t wait to see the smile on his face because he loves these pretzels more than life itself, I think.
10. 212 and stuff. (Don’t worry if this makes no sense to you. It’s secret code. Just move on to #11)
11. While I don’t have many close friends, the ones I do have (including my wonderful pack ‘O cousins – Love, Cool and Flair) are very close to my heart. I love them all.
12. My ability to write. It’s not always shown to its best advantage on this here blog but I love to write. Always have and always will, I suppose. Good thing I can do it, eh? (Also, boobies! hahah Gotcha!)
13. The last nine years have been amazing for me – I learned more than I could have imagined, lost my mom and my goddaughter (in the same year), moved, switched jobs eleventy hundred times and pulled myself back from the brink of despair, worked for a complete and utter maniac, became wicked skilled in the Woo. Also, COOKies! All kinds. heh
Lots learned, lots yet to learn.
What a joyous post! How cool that you look over the last 9 years and feel “amazed.” You are blessed with such a forward-focused outlook!
Enough upbeat sentimentality, though. I have left you some “snark” on my blog, Birthday Girl.