The Most Annoying Christmas Meme Ever ( Fruitcakes Abound!)
1. What is the most annoying Christmas song?
I think I mentioned already the horrifying “Grandma and her peculiar but fatal incident with a deer of some sort” and also those damn barking dogs so this time I’ll say Alvin & the Chipmunks screech-fest. Oh, my bleeding ears!
2. Name one annoying thing that happens to you each time you get together with your family during the holidays.
Hmmm, treading thin ice on this question since some of those same members (occasionally) read this here blog.
So, let me retreat back in time when a certain cousin of mine who shall remain nameless (cough*shewhohatesme*cough) made us all open our presents in age order (starting with the oldest). Each person had to sit and wait while the others opened their gifts. She was the youngest (at that time) and made a big show of taking off the wrapping paper, folding it just so and generally making sure we were all paying attention to her and her lovely gifts. The first year we didn’t spend with that part of the family, we tore into our presents – age rule be dammed! It took us like five minutes to open them all and it was only 8:30pm. We had a whole night to kill. Since then, we have a much more middle-of-the-road way to do it where it doesn’t take five hours or five minutes because neither one of those are too fun. Just saying.
3. What is eggnog? Think about it. Does anybody really know?
I don’t know and I’m not wasting that much brain power on it. It tastes icky to me and it also has eleventy-billion calories and I know it’s not worth half that. So, go on with your nog self. Drink up! I will be in the corner with a cosmo.
4. Don’t take this personally but there are lots of fruitcakes walking around. Have you encountered any real live nuts lately?
There are tons of them on the internets, baybeee! Have you seen this site? Or this one? Are you sure you want me to go on?
5. Why were the nine Lords a’leaping in those annoying tights???!
I loved Gal’s answer: Chafing – that can surely be a bitch. You’d leap too!
6. What is the most annoying Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Annoying? I don’t think I’ve gotten anything annoying. Useless, perhaps. But not annoying.
7. Let’s admit it: Christmas, with all its splendor and goodwill, can also be a pain in the royal patootie. How do you plan to circumvent annoyances this year and enjoy the season?
I did what little shopping I had to do via the interwebs, made and ate some really good Italian cookies, and I enjoy looking at all the pretty lights. They make me happy. Also too – presents. Loves me some presents. As Cartman sings “Oh holy night, the night when I get presents” (heh)