Saturday 9: I Think We’re Alone Now
1. What celebrity in a fantasy would you like to be alone with?
Much to the shock of my (3) readers, I might have to go with Hal Sparks today. (GASP! I know, right?) He sings (thrash metal, wtf?), he’s funny, he’s like a sex ninja and he’s strongly of the same political persuasion I am. Plus, he’s smart. So, yeah. Just for today, though. Is it bad to want both him and Cookie?
2. Have ever dated a good friend?
Yes, I have. I worked with a guy back in 1983 (my first job out of college) and he was really nice and smart but not at all attractive to me. In fact, I was almost sort of repulsed by him despite liking his personality a lot. After I left that job, we kept in touch and out of nowhere, I found myself dating him! I was able to get past the physical part because I genuinely liked him so much. And he was so sweet to me. I ended up following the (really bad in retrospect) suggestion of someone and doing something unkind to him about a year into our relationship and it blew things really apart. Even though I apologized for what I had done, he never spoke to me again. Not as friends, not as anything. It is one of my biggest regrets and I have no idea why I did it.
3. What is the most embarrassing song that you like?
“I’m a slave for you” by Britney Spears – love this song. Why? No clue. Don’t tell anyone please. (Although Gal admits to a Bobby Sherman song and that tops my Britney any day! hehe)
4. What is your favorite tear jerker movie?
Hmmm … I cry at a lot of movies so this one might be hard to pin down. Off the top of my head, I’ll go with “Return to Me” because it is so so so sweet and funny. Really good performances by the whole cast, especially Minnie Driver and David Duchovny.
5. What about yourself makes you least secure?
Always my weight. Growing up with a mom who constantly (and I do mean constantly) told me “no one will love you if you’re fat” has made it very very difficult to feel lovable. Yes, I know now that it was her neurosis and not mine but I have carried it for a long time.
6. Do you believe in destiny?
I believe more in lessons that take us to various places but we always have free will to help us shape our choices. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that I don’t believe in destiny.
7. What ‘issue’ do you think your opinion is so right about that you end up trying to sway others to your point of view? The only one I could come up with is anything having to do with harming animals. I cannot even wrap my head around the fact that someone could do this. Even with something like hunting – I am appalled that people do this for “sport”. I get the food angle and if that’s all you have, well, alright. But if food is NOT the issue. Just … no.
8. What are 5 things you don’t care about?
1) Tiger Woods (still), 2) football, basketball and baseball, 3) the activities of my co-worker’s children, 4) 90% of entertainment related bullshit and 5) NASCAR
9. Have you ever been in a situation where you weren’t sure if you were seducing or being seduced?
I suppose. But if I wasn’t sure of it, how would I know? (I don’t often get seduced much. I’d like that so if anyone wants to seduce me (coughHAL&COOKIEcough), feel free. I’ll know it. I swear.