In any given day, I peruse a bizillion websites. Really. One bizillion. And I’d like to share some of that with you from time to time. Herewith is the first in a series of “What I found on teh Internets” today:
1. From Mashable – What the Web of tomorrow will look like – I thought this was really interesting given the amazing growth of the Ipod and the iPhone. Gosh, I remember the days of online bulletin boards and dialing up with a modem and here we are in 2010 carrying around a little computer in our pockets. Pretty amazing stuff. (BTW, Mashable is a GREAT site for all things web related. I follow them on Twitter too.)
2. Over on LifeHacker you can learn about the Top 10 Tools for better reading – online and off. I have not yet succumbed to the Kindle revolution. I really love carrying books around and diving into them and I spend enough time staring at a screen as it is, so I’m fine not doing that (yet). Some good suggestions in this article though. I signed up for Wowbrery – looks kind of cool!
3. Soul Pancake (an interesting site in general) asked you to tweet the premise of a classic book or movie in the usual 140 character format. Like this one: Cinderella: hourly wage life sucks until you find great shoes and magic vegetables. hope the prince really is charming
4. Who remembers Cracked magazine from their younger days? Well, now it’s online and it’s a pretty funny site. Check out this post featuring Six Ridiculous Sex Myths (that are actually true) – then email me a picture of your hands. heh
5. Need some new Twitter blood? Check out Listorious – a site that aggregates some good Twitter feeds to follow. There’s lists on politics, cinema, books – you name it, there’s a list for it (more or less). Kinda fun if you are looking to follow more than what your friends are eating for lunch and that sort of thing. (Not that *I* ever twitter anything like that, mind.)