The American Idol Meme // You be the judge!
1. Do you watch American Idol? I do. With the exception of the David Cook season (7), I had only watched one other season. I didn’t follow last year but decided I may as well get in on the fun with my snarky Twitter pals.
2. Who is your favorite judge? Simon, because he’s the only one with a clue about anything. Randy is useless, Kara is an embarrassment and I had high hopes for Ellen that didn’t quite pan out.
3. Who is your favorite contestant this season and why?
While I think Crystal is a great singer, I just can’t get excited about her. I rather like Siobhan because she’s a big dork and proud of it and it looks like she’s trying to expand and grow. The only other contestant I’ve seen do that is Lee D.
4. Who is your least favorite contestant this year and why? I am very put off by Big Mike’s theatrics. It really does come off as insincere and just too much. He has a good voice and if he’d stop with the other crap, he’d be more popular. (Also, I think he’s got a bit of an anger issue. I saw it just below the surface and it really bothered me. Don’t know for sure but that’s what I saw and it changed my view of him.)
5. Have you ever actually voted via text message? Dude! You should have seen me on the finale night voting for Cookie – I was using the land line, cell phone, texting and had jerry-rigged something on the computer to vote. For four hours straight. I have never before done it and I most likely never will again.
6. Is there a part of the show you find really annoying? I’m with Gal on this: hate the “Up with People” lip sync part and yeah, the commercials are pretty stupid.
7. What is your overall opinion of the show this season? Really meh. Most of the contestants are not of a very high calibre and while I know they are picked to evoke “types”, surely they could have done a little better. It’s a good year to be snarky on the Twitter. Lots of stuff to snark about.
8. Do you like Simon Cowell as a judge? What do you think of his judging style? Like I said, he’s the one who has a clear, definitive idea of what he’s looking for and in most cases, I think he’s on the mark. (Except when he’s busting on Cookie and then …. well. That was what drove the four hours of calling and texting. I would NOT have Simon take down my sekrit bf.)
9. Is Ellen DeGeneres qualified to be an American Idol singing judge? I thought she would bring some good observations about performance style and what it takes to be successful as a performer but I must have been on planet Xenon when I thought that. I don’t think she knows what her role is yet and that’s too bad. I thought she could have brought the Paul(er) empathy and add some critique and funny. Not so much, no.
10. If you could pick a song to sing on the show this week, what would your song choice be and why? You do NOT want me to sing on the show. I’d make TUrban look like Pavarotti!
11. Who is your favorite all-time American Idol winner? If you like, post a video of their performance. Hmm. This is a tough one. LOL Yeah. Right. If you don’t know who it is, I urge you to scroll your ass down on the sidebar and look at the photos of him. And I’d post a video but you all have seen them a million, billion times. You know who he is. :-)