Listen, I could write about 700 things I hope I never have to do for this question. You expect me to pick just one? Are you mad? Well? Are you? I’m going to list five because I can. (I also run with scissors occasionally.)
Day 06 â†’ Something you hope you never have to do.
5) I hope I never have to participate in a triathlon because that would mean crossing the finish line in a coffin. Which is to say, I am not at all athletic.
4) I hope I never have to forage in dumpsters for food. I have a finely attuned sense of smell and that would be more overwhelming to me than walking blindfolded through a mall.
3) I hope I never have to wear diapers. I think we can all relate, yes?
2) I hope I never have to be a waitress. Like Gal, I have neither the temperament nor the poker face necessary for such a job. I’d be poorer than poor and I’d have to up my meds.
1) I hope I never have to work as one of those people who picks up dead animals by the side of the road. I have to close my eyes while driving past them (okay, it’s just one eye) because I cannot deal with hurt/wounded/dead animals. I’d be less spazzed out by a dead human body by the side of the road than an animal. And this is just one reason why I don’t help clean up the road of trash and whatnot. I am terrified of seeing half-gnawed-on animal parts. (We have huge turkey vultures here who pounce on whatever they can and I know their leftovers will be plentiful.)
Surely you out there have ONE thing you hope never to do, yes? Go on then. Spill it.