What have we learned as we moved through the doorway of our 51st year on planet Earth?
1) Sitting in the room with the big tv and the entire 2nd season of “The Good Wife” is as near an addiction as I seem to get these days. Each weekend morning I’ve spent 2 hours watching episodes. It’s lovely. Nothing to do, nowhere to be. Nice.
2) My body no longer enjoys Five Guys burgers and fries. Thankfully, it let me know in a subtle way (like just feeling oogy and gross rather than some sort of butt explosion in public!) but it was unsubtle enough that I got the message. Too bad. It was my one and only birthday cheat meal and I threw half of it away.
3) Visiting Aunt Nellie was fun – she said no matter how much she forgets, she won’t forget me. :) YEY! I brought cookies to the aides at the nursing home (I’m Italian – I gotta feed someone!) and they just about grabbed it out of my hands!
4) The visit with Auntie got sort of bizarre when her roommate decided it was time to take her pants off while moaning about dinner. I don’t do well in those kinds of situations so I sort of hid behind Aunt Nellie (who is as big as my pinkie finger so that was a funny sight) who tried (in vain) to talk roommate into putting her pants back on. My contribution was getting one of the aides to come assist with said panty retrieval. I was glad it was time to leave.
5) Both Duty and my office sent me flowers at work on Friday and MentorBoy brought me a little African violet as a birthday gift. He also wrote me the nicest “thanks for everything” card. He’s a good kid. I’ll (sort of) miss him.
All in all, a nice weekend. Low-key filled with snuggly blankets, Good Wife DVDs, a pumpkin spice latte and sleeping in. Can’t ask for much more than that!
Oh wait, yes you can! My wish has come true and Cookie will be playing at Falls Church VA (not tooooo far from here) on November 18th and I’ve got TWO friends who will go with me! (Cousin O’Love and Charlie O’Pal) YEY!
What are you talkin’ about? I am SO GOOD when people remove their pants! It’s, like, my best skill.
#4 “I don’t do well in those kinds of situations.” Snarkela, who DOES do well in a situation when one of your hostesses removes her pants?