Here my A’s to your (unasked-for-but-I-can-read-your-mind) Q’s:
Dear FOUR readers whom I love muchly,
1) Yes, I did, in fact, spend $65 on a sports bra at Nordstroms because there is no way you can jump rope with double D’s and not live to regret it. Just sayin’, mmkay? I think the puppies are relatively strapped down but short of wearing two bras (which I hear IS done), this is as good as it gets.
2) I thought I was a loner. That must have changed some time in the last year because I’m more “lonely” than “loner” these days. Surely there’s a balance between dealing with morons for 8 hours a day AND sitting at home, sulking in silence, yes? I believe I haz found it. Read on, Mcduff!
3) Day 2 of part-time work position and I am quite happy about it. I don’t have to deal with 100 ringing phones, morons at the front desk, and idiot brokers (although speaking of such, Mr. Big Stuff gave me a huge hug when he saw me back in the office. Usually he talks shit about people and throws them under the bus. I believe he has done both with me at some point but it’s no longer relevant so he can be magnanimous, I suppose.). I am back in the corner suite working with the highest producing team in the office (MBS is knocking it out of the park this year – these ladies will have to kick some ass to catch up with him!) and their phones are not (too) crazy and I get to do all the crap work! YEY! (Seriously, give me a task and let me research and I’m happy.)
4) Part 2 of work: I am so happy to have a routine again and see my friends. I missed them all. And it’s also nice to be welcomed back into the fold with open arms. This may be a good balance between PI stuff and non-PI stuff. Plenty of time for both and it keeps me focused and moving so RAH RAH for me!
5) Brogan is LOVING his time at the doggie day care with second mama Melissa. He comes home exhausted and it’s so peaceful and nice. Win/Win for all.
6) Why is my ass ouching? Crossfit trainer takes no pity on the chubster. Just none. Today we did 5 overhead presses (I did 15lbs), 10 deadlifts and 15 step-ups. As many rounds as we could in 10 minutes. (I did 3) 15 lbs isn’t too bad the first go-round (and stop laughing at me all you people who are pressing a kazillion pounds in your sleep) but by the 3rd, my arms were tired, my butt was aching from doing the squats and the step ups and whew! My heart was beating out of my chest. I’ll be paying for this tomorrow.
I need some wine, a bubble bath and a massage.
None of which I’ll be getting tonight.
But a girl can dream, right?