Here’s a thing: because I’ve been blogging here for a damn long time and my goal isn’t to attract readers/subscribers (because it’s such a select club who follow me that I can’t have it getting out of hand), I pull post titles from my ass.
(You’re welcome for that visual.)
When I started writing at PI, I learned that funky, vague titles didn’t do well, SEO-wise and had to school myself on how to write interesting and SEO friendly headers. Still trying to perfect that art.
That’s why Snarkypants will always be my first home because I can write whatever title I want, vague or not, Steely Dan lyrics or not and it doesn’t matter one whit. Rock on, Lisa. Rock on.
And now on to more pressing matters (or not-so-pressing)
1) Second week of new schedule and I’m liking it. Two days on, one day off, one day on, three days off. That works for me. How I did this grind day in and day out for 30 years is beyond me. But, paychecks are good things.
2) The energies of these past couple weeks have been hella weird. I was talking to my coach about how PJ (dog of love and doofiness pictured here in deep trance meditation) is so not in her body (much like her beloved mother, I dare say) and she suggested I get some hematite for her.
One of her clients had that same issue with her dog and she sewed a wee bit of it into her dog’s collar and it really helped settle her (the dog) into her body. Maybe I’ll get me and PJ matching hematite collars (yes, there really is such a thing out there. I googled it!) Brogan, like Duty, is planted firmly in his body. Interesting how our dogs really match us, isn’t it?
3) Birfday is coming up soon! YEY! Cake and presents! (Well, a girl can dream, right?) My present this year is seeing sekrit BF up close and personal the day after. I’m so glad Cousin O’Love and Music is going with me. We laugh because she’s seen him in concert more times than any other artist and she’s not even a fan! (She’s fan-adjacent, I believe.) Bless her.
4) Why do I get so aggravated by what people post on Facebook? I’m not even talking political BS – just general life stuff. Even though I’m working hard (seriously, I am) to release my judgment about what gets posted, it still rankles me.
I know someone who posts pics of the clock in her car showing the time. WHY? For the love of God, why? (She also checks in from every restaurant they go to with comments like “breakfast time!”. )
And yet, who am I to judge what she puts up on her wall, right? (There’s the Libra showing – Duty says I cannot take one position and stick with it, I always have to present the other side as well which puts me firmly in “Can’t win theatre”.) I can unfriend her if I want, I know. Or hide her posts. Or just stop being so f’ing judgy. There’s always that option. I am a work in progress, y’all.
5) There’s this interesting web application called “RescueTime” and it tracks how much time you spend doing what on your laptop. OY! I spend an awful lot of time playing “Farm Epic” on Facebook – I know this but when it’s shown just how many hours per week I spend on that? Horrifying. Ignorance IS bliss, indeed. I’ve been playing it a lot lately and it tells me I’m really not here and grounded myself. (Where’s MY hematite collar, eh?)
Now you iz all caught up. Feel better? Thought so.
ETA: This article is better written and said everything I think and much more succinctly too. You should read it.