1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before? I spent a lot of time in the doctor’s office for various and interesting ailments. Let’s not do that one again, sweet body.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Probably not. I barely even make them anymore because I get all weird and belligerent and stop doing them 2 seconds on.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? YES! We had three new babies this year! Two on my side (William and Ryan) and one on Duty’s (Maya). I loves me some babies!
4. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2015? I’ll be writing more about this later but this year, the overarching lessons were: learn to receive (better) and commit to yourself .
5. What was your favorite new TV program? I love Jane the Virgin and blew through Season One on Netflix in record time. Sweet, funny and snarky – all the stuff I love.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? Confidence in myself in whatever direction I move Practically Intuitive. I tend to stay ‘too long at the party’ when I find someone I love learning from (and being with) and lose all sense of who I am.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmm, maybe the Illuminate event back in June or the #sekritboyfriend show where I “woo’d” at the wrong time?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Not offing myself during the great thyroid meltdown of fall 2015. (I kid)
9. What was your biggest failure? It wasn’t so much a failure as an awareness that I keep trying to leave my business in one way or another and not because I don’t love it (I DO!) but because I’m just scared that I don’t really have what it takes or am fooling myself about what I can/can’t do. IOW, I lost big time confidence in myself.
10. What was the best thing you bought? I love my new iPhone 6 plus almost more than anything in the world. I can finally see the screen!!!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Duty because he’s such a wonderful man and treats me with love and caring every single day (even when he’s being less than stellar, he’s head and shoulders above almost anyone else I know). I don’t know how the Universe conspired to make this work (and it’s not without it’s ‘interesting’ experiences) but it does. I love him so.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Oh hai, all of you morons in the GOP. You, Donald Trump, most of all and you, his supporters, right behind. Do you seriously have ANY idea of how fucked we will all be? You think it’s bad now? Just you wait, kids.
13. What song will always remind you of 2015? “Hello from the other side ….” by the one and only Adele.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Anything that involved getting my ass off the couch.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Fart around like a big dog. Man, I am an Olympic level farter.
16. What was the best book you read? I do most of my ‘reading’ now via Audible books and so far “The Year of Yes” by Shonda Rhimes has been my favorite. She’s amazingly down-to-earth and real and made this book come alive in the reading of it. Do yourself a favor (KWIZ, this means you!) and check it out.
17. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? If I felt that I moved PI forward this year instead of so far back in the fucking closet. This is such a regret I have, I can’t even begin to tell you and yet, it’s just an ‘interesting point of view’ and more choices are always available for me.
18. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I’m going back to #sekritboyfriend’s song “Straight Ahead” for this one.