After many months of farting around on my own time, things are moving and shaking on a couple fronts.
- Bathroom demo and reconstruction starts today. After many fits and starts and dates pushed back and other stuff, the construction begins. I’ve been sleeping on the couch in the sunroom since I got home from Utah and I actually don’t mind it, per se, but it will be nice when the room is done and I have a bed again. Bonus: I’ll have a usable bathroom too! The one that came with the house was barely acceptable – the previous owner just tossed it in there so he could say it was a two-bathroom house. We are upgrading it because it’s needed AND it will add value to the house when we eventually sell it rather than detract from it.
- Working outside the house for a change – because of the bathroom demo + barking dogs 24/7, I rented some space in my friend’s office to have quiet time to do the calls/video stuff. Now that we’re moving into full swing on Angella’s program, I’ve got to be on those calls as well as doing the monthly coaching calls with each client. Thus, quiet time is needed. Plus, I work better when I’m in a dedicated space for 2-3 hours. We’ll see how it all plays out. Yesterday, as I was on a Zoom video call (think: Skype but much better), the wireless network there decided to do some serious lagging so I had to get on my phone and do it from there. It threw me off my center and I was not as present as I wanted to be. C’est la vie, eh?
- Taking care of my own clients – always a priority and I see I can’t juggle a whole lot of them AND Angella’s too so have to be mindful of who I work with and the scope of the work. People are asking me for copywriting stuff and I’m not sure I really want to do that. I like editing but not the actual writing. Oh, who knows?
- Mama has bitten off more than she can chew, yo. I’m learning that I don’t have to move immediately into an opportunity because I feel a nudge. Right now I’ve got my business, working with Angella, Profiling work, Crisis Text Line training, copywriting and various and sundry other things. (Toss some vacation at the beach in there (YEY!) and that’s a lot.) No more taking on new stuff for the rest of the year (or a week, whichever way the wind blows).
- What would a post from me be without complaining, right? (And if you’re reading this, this complaint is not about you because this person doesn’t know this blog exists): Dear Person, I was taken aback in our very short interaction yesterday to see your narcissism in full bloom. I knew it was always bad and rankled me but when you don’t have that energy in your world, even a short dose of it feels like being struck by lightning. Jesus, are you self-centered and to a degree that is breath-taking. The whole conversation (well, monologue by you) left me feeling suffocated and desperately looking for a way out. Yeah, we’re not doing that again. Ever. I’m out. I have space for one narcissist in my life and that post is taken so …. Bye Felicia!
And now for something completely different!