I know you have and it’s okay to admit it.
Posts in category 100 things
Counting down to vacation?
Another storm is brewing so I thought I’d get this up online before power goes zapppppo! like it did last night (and got in the way of some important stuff I had to do!!).
I leave Sunday for a week in Oklahoma at Sancta Sophia Seminary. I am so looking forward to being away from work and spending time up in the mountains. A change of scenery will be nice although I was just in VA Beach two weeks ago, Chicago/Valpo last week and OK this weekend but who’s counting, eh?
Quick: here are my Wednesday 10 (I think we are up to 70 now):
1. I so want someone to enter me on “What not to wear” but I don’t think my wardrobe is that sucky. (Do all the contestants say that? What if Stacey and Clinton make me throw out my “Word Nerd” shirts??)
2. I am not photogenic and I think I look hideous 90% of the time. Unlike the newly crowned Matriarch in our family (waves to her Godmommy), I don’t tear myself out of family pics.
3. Found out that my Cook Concert Buddies are all going to the York PA show but when I looked into tix for said show, they were $300!! Good lord. I’d pay it if I hadn’t already seen him in concert twice and at the race in May. There is no way I can justify $300 for a show I will have already seen three times by the end of July. They had to go on without me. (I do have some limits although I admit that if I didn’t have to account for the money to someone (coughdutycough), I’d probably go.)
4. I wonder if talking about Lauren upsets her dad. I know Cousin O’Love is fine with it and likes to talk about her (I think) but I always feel as if I am ripping the stitches out of a deep wound when I mention her around Steve.
5. I haven’t read Gossip blogs for a while now because 1) they’re just mean and 2) I don’t know who anyone is anymore. When did I stop being cool?
Read More »
Fartface + 10
see more dog and puppy pictures
And on that note, let’s play Oddball!
10 more things about me:
1. I truly find LOLcats to be funny. I will take one good cat pic over five pages of highbrow humor. (What is “highbrow humor” anyway?)
2. I always read before I go to sleep. When I was a kid, I would go to bed and then read under the covers. In the dark. Either I was stubborn or too stupid to get a flashlight. This is why I wear glasses now, I am sure of it.
3. Speaking of being a kid, I decided to emulate my wonderful Cousin O’Love and be all helpful and shit one summer since I was known in the family for being (ahem) less than willing to pitch in and do stuff (cough*clean*cough). Not one person commented on or noticed my helpfulness so I went back to reading books in the corner at family gatherings.
4. I mentioned on my Facebook page that my nickname from my mom was Lumpy. Who calls their child that? (heheh I actually knew where it came from – passed down from my dad’s dad to my dad to me) I guess I was lucky – Mom usually called everyone “hon”.
5. I am a very calm driver. If other drivers do stupid stuff, I usually just mutter “dumbass” and continue on (getting out of their way). I have been with others who have road rage and it’s not fun at all.
6. Previous boyfriend had all kinds of rage issues and one time I thought he was going to kill us both with his ragey driving. I mentally prepared myself to die at that moment (I’m so not kidding.)
7. I pretty much wear my heart on my sleeve. If I love you, you know it.
8. My idea of a vacation is sitting by the water with a book, an ipod and a big glass of something cool to drink. After a day doing that, I want a shower, a nap and some good dinner. I’m not high maintenance.
9. But I did have a wonderful time visiting Italy on a guided tour. Each day was planned for us and yet there were lots of opportunities to just chill. A good blend. I’d go back in a heartbeat.
10. I cannot watch movies or tv shows if I don’t see it from the beginning. Just messes me right up.
We’re getting down to the wire on these – just a couple more weeks to go! :) Happy Wednesday to you all.
Wednesday 100 – Halfway Mark
This will mark the official halfway point of my “100 Things 2009 edition” and I can feel the excitement building out there. You just need to know these things about me, don’t you? Good thing I’m not going to make you wait much longer, eh?
Let’s call this one the “School Days” edition.
1. I attended twelve years of Catholic school and am glad for the education I received. It was a good, solid foundation.
2. After my dad died at the end of my freshman year, my Uncle Bob paid my tuition for the remaining three years I attended a very expensive private girls school. I took him to the Father-Daughter dance in my senior year. I don’t know if I’ve ever thanked him properly for that gift.
3. The Religion teacher in my freshman years was a sorta hippie dude named Sam Castiglione. We called him “Sammy Sandals”. He was nice enough, I suppose but really stood out in an all girls school.
4. My friends and I used to write each other letters during the day and pass them to each other in the halls. Believe it or not, I still have them and they still make me laugh.
5. One friend, Linda, was HILARIOUS and very droll in her letters. She was into Elton John for two years and then “graduated” to Jimmy Page after that.
6. Geometry and Chemistry were my two most hated courses. If it involves any kind of logical thinking, it wasn’t my cup of tea.
7. I had the best boyfriend when I was 16. Despite the fact that he was a brainiac beyond all measure and well, see my #6, we got along great. Mostly, I liked to make out and he seemed to like that so it was all good. (He wanted to watch Monty Python and I wanted to smooch for 30 minutes before Saturday Night Live. I won about 75% of the time! What can I say? Monty is a formidable opponent!)
8. Best memory of him: He called in the middle of a fight I was having with the mother. I was crying and all of a sudden he said he had to go and hung up abruptly. Fifteen minutes later, he was at my front door saying “I know you needed a hug so I drove over to give you one. I gotta go back home now.” He hugged me and left. It was the nicest thing anyone had done for me.
9. I placed in the Advanced English comp class in college but managed to get an F by virtue of the fact that I didn’t bother to attend. I had to go back and take Basic English comp and there I met a wonderful teacher. I credit this woman with the bulk of my writing skills to this day. She was about 3 feet tall and often had to get on a chair to talk face to face with some basketball players but she knew how to teach.
10. I had to take stats three times (yes, I said 3) because I had to get a C for it to count in my major. I got an F, a D and finally (ta-da) an A! That was just hellish for me. (Logic and Lisa are often mutually exclusive.)
Look! A whole post of late that doesn’t mention David Cook! :) And Gal, it’s okay for you not to watch the video. He was actually pretty funny in much of it and only sad a bit at the end. I thank you for your confession, though!
Wednesday 100 (the late edition)
I am officially late. Not as in “dead” late but as in “timely” late. As in tardy. It dawned on me last night that I missed my weekly 100 things post and I swear I could almost hear the weeping and gnashing of teeth from all three of you out there.
Well, here’s your Friday bonus!
10 Random Off-the-top-of-my-head things:
1. My very favorite line from any song ever is from “Straight Ahead” and it’s this: “Take a minute just to breathe and think of everything you wanted and what you got instead.”
2. I have been awash in apathy the last few weeks.
3. There’s a bird that keeps tapping on the window in the sunroom (it’s an Oriole, actually) and I can’t decide if it’s a sign from the Universe to which I need pay attention or if the bird is just a goofball and can’t tell it’s a window. Right now, I’m leaning toward the latter.
4. I love the sound of the dishwasher running.
5. I love angel stuff but not those goofy cheruby ones that you see all the time. If anyone gives me a cherub, I will have to sacrifice it on the altar of … well, if not Satan than perhaps one of his minions.
6. Speaking of angels, mine have been quiet of late. I think they are letting me stew in my own juices for a bit.
7. Catching up on season 2 of “Mad Men” (bows to The Gal for the serious nudge to watch it) and marvel at how far women have come since just when I was born. That show is interesting from about ten different perspectives, actually.
8. When my sadness overwhelms me, it gets stuck in my chest and I can’t breathe.
9. I just finished a book that seemed compelling while reading it but as a whole sucked donkey balls. Cousin O’Cool wants me to join her in her Twilight obsession so perhaps I will do that.
10. What’s the point of Tweeting? Or is my life so incredibly dull that I cannot fathom why anyone would want to know what I’m doing (find me under Snarkypants on Twitter.com, btw) every day. I think I will start making up crap and see if anyone notices.