So, yeah. What a holiday, eh? It’s gone by in a fuzzy blur of sleep, coughing, random moments of feeling human and Netflix.
My taste buds are all whacked out thanks to the antibiotics so food has tasted all icky and whatnot. Any soda with aspartame has tasted particularly bad.
We went out for NYE (because we had $150 worth of tickets and I was feeling marginally better) and one taste of wine was enough to put me off all alcohol for the night. I resorted to drinking a coke because it was all I could get down.
Notes from the couch (as seen on my FB feed):
1) the nebulizer treatment makes me all weird(er) and shaky. 3x a day, you say? OY. #shakestheclown
2) Way to start weight loss targets for 2016: down 3lbs and food still tastes like blargh. #brightside
3) Am on the way to becoming junior detective in case of Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey via the Reddit Brigade. #makingamurderer (why haven’t you watched this???)
4) Was out among happy non-sick people last night and got worn out. No dancing for yours truly. #cantbreathe
5) Sense of humor (such as it is) intact. #fornow
Theme of 2015 turned out to be “what am I willing to receive?” and I got lessons out the yin, didn’t I? Interesting that this last illness was about being willing to receive breath, the giver of life. (goes all metaphysical on your ass)
Because I felt so low-level punky, I had to accept help and have someone take care of me. I always worry that I’ll run amok with that and become a diva of sorts, where I order minions (PJ? Brogan? Zippy?) around and get on my high horse, so I try not to ask for anything (much) because of that.
I know I’m weird.
Anyway, whenever I try to do stuff around the house, I get all out of breath and my chest hurts. So, not much of the doing and lots more of the sitting.
Welcome 2016 with your gifts and lessons and joys. I am happy to see you.