Saturday 9: Goodbye to You
1. Have you had to say goodbye to a good friend or lover because they were moving?
Yes, of course. I remember when I was 20, my best friend was going to England for a semester and I was heartbroken to see her leave. HEARTBROKEN, I tell you. I don’t do goodbyes well.
2. Have you ever wanted to use personal information about someone to sort of “blackmail” them? If yes, tell us about it.
Have I wanted to? Yes. Have I ever done it? No. That’s just asking for a tonload of bad shit to happen to you. Just say NO to the blackmails, kids. Bad ju-ju ahead.
3. What two things influenced the choice of your present job or to stay at home?
1. Location – it was closer to home by 30 minutes
2. Getting away from the living maniac I was working for. He was making my life hell on earth. God, how I don’t miss him or all that BS.
4. Do you like warm weather? How warm does it get where you live? What is the best way to spend a hot, summer day?
Nope, hate it. I don’t like being sweaty or feeling flustered and that’s what hot weather does to me. Best way to spend a hot summer day? Inside in the coolness of the air conditioning, surfing, reading and goofing off. (DUH!)
5. What do you find “hot” in a man/woman? What is the first thing you notice about someone who is hot? Do you ever think of yourself as hot? Well, looking at my sekrit boyfriends, I’d have to say that with Cookie, it’s his heart and his voice. With Hal, it’s the “nnfff” factor (Gal will get this one) and his intelligence. So, a keen mind (that moves somewhat closer to my own – not like a math geek), a warm heart and a sense of humor. First thing I notice? It’s weird but judging from what happens at work when clients come in, I can pick up their energetic signature and get a feeling from that. So, I’d say I’d notice their “vibe”. Do I think of myself as hot? My mind? Yes. (or at least it was. Not sure now) Body? So not. (sobs)
6. Are you quick to anger? How do you react when you are angry or frustrated? What do you do to cool down?
I’m quick to pissheaded-ness but not actual anger. Although I was FURIOUS – livid and furious – about someone doing what I perceived as a dickish thing to Duty. I can be a STRONG advocate for someone. (For myself, well, I’m getting there.) Mostly, though, I am learning how to feel my anger and not stuff it down with cheesecake.
7. In your family, who is the least like the rest of you?
That would be Cousin/who/hates/me. She’s very Germanic in a family of hardcore Italians. And that’s all I’ll say about that.
8. What are a few great books that you’ve taken along to the beach or on vacation in years past? If you aren’t a big reader, what do you do to while away the lazy hours? I used to love taking big ass Stephen King novels to the beach and read for hours and hours. Now, it’s more likely a non-fiction book that I take.
9. Do you like going outside during a thunderstorm and watching the lightening?
Going outside and risk getting struck by lightening? Oh hell no, girl! I will, however, sit in the sunroom with all the big windows and watch it (hoping the internets don’t go down!)