One of my friends from “Cooklandia” sent this along in a tweet yesterday and I had to laugh because it’s so her:
Making cake in turkey-shaped pan. Batter did not rise enough and now have cake with no turkey head. Is this too disturbing to bring 2morrow?
*HEH* Why does this seem like a creation that would come out of MY kitchen? I’d never worry if it would disturb my family though. We have seen it all, pretty much. Headless turkeys do not scare us.
And now … things for which I am thankful this day:
1. Four shows and one 5k walk in the cold rain later, I still adore David Cook just as much as always. When I see some of the shenanigans others from AI are up to (talking to you, Lambert), I am thankful Dave took and keeps taking the higher road. (Plus the arm porn has only gotten better!) He’s a keeper for sure.
2. Speaking of keepers, The Gal keeps her #1 SnarkyFan crown for yet another year. Thank you for always leaving me a comment or two. It keeps me from feeling like I’m blogging into the abyss.
3. A job – despite my hours being cut, responsibilities being increased and some aggravating new people, it’s a blessing to have a job at all these days. So much crap has gone on in the financial markets and it’s sad that the actions of a few impact so many. The financial consultants I work with (and the firm, actually) have a great deal of integrity and really do their best to assist their clients. I’m glad to be working and working THERE.
4. Successful integration of Sophia into the real world downstairs. Even though she and Lucie occasionally have words, they get along fine for the most part and it makes me feel better to have her downstairs with all of us.
5. My family, who has had a year full of tribulations to handle. I sincerely hope 2010 treats them all more gently. Also, too – they love me even though I am a horrendous hostess and mostly wish everyone would allow me to sit quietly in a corner and read while they have their little party. I’m glad they understand me.
I’m a lucky girl with a nice life. And I know it.