Yes, friends and fans, I managed to survive Christmas holiday version 2002.0 (wherein I spent more time in the dag car than almost anywhere) and am back at work in one piece.
Reflections of the season
1. Who the HECK ate all the damn Italian cookies left at my mom’s a week and a half ago?? There were trays and trays and daggone trays of cookies when I departed and for some bizarro reason, they all disappeared. Now, Joe said he had a few and Mary too but that still doesn’t account for there being about 3 cookies left. I was bummed too because I was lusting after those damn cookies for the last week. Now that Lah has shown she can roll them out like a pro, I might have to have “The Schweeeet Sisters” over for a cookie making afternoon. HA! Like I need more cookies to add on to my thighs, right?
2. Can I have new in-laws? Mine are pooty. And here’s why (good thing H never looks at this blog) – I was showing Becky (sis-in-law and NOT my favorite one either!) my really nice bracelet, telling her the story of how I wanted it really bad but it wasn’t at the store when H went back and he ordered it online for me. She didn’t even let me get my damn story out (and I am freaking good at condensing stories so that wasn’t the issue) before she said “Well, I got what I wanted” and showed us a tiny (and I mean t-i-n-y) diamond that you put on a necklace.
Okay, I can be happy for you.
But would you let ME get MY fucking story out of MY mouth before you just run right over it?? Damn!
Is it because I don’t have siblings? Is it that my family ACTUALLY listens to your whole little story before they tell theirs? What? What is so hard about just one of them acting like they give half a shit about anything that goes on with us? It is so aggravating. ARRGH. I know it could be worse. Anyone want to share scary in-law stories with me? Mary, surely you have some! :)
3. Sunday we are having an Eddie fest over Mary’s house! I gave Lah the “Dress to Kill” dvd for christmas and we are finally going to watch it with Mary (God, I hope she doesn’t poke me with a spoon or something!). I think Lah liked her DVD and Eddie shirt.
4. Speaking of goddaughters, mine gave me a picture of the three of us at the cooking baking extravaganza in a lovely frame. I LOVE IT!! (dances around like a dork) I’m going to bring it in and put it on my desk so I can look at it and smile because I love those two girlies to pieces. Lufffff them!
5. It snowed! That was pretty cool. And it was the nifty kind of snow that looks pretty but doesn’t get in anyone’s way. That is the BEST kind of snow (IMHO).
6. I must have been a really good girl this year because santa was tremendously nice to me. If I have done any transgressions (and I can assure you, I have made some serious ass transgressions), clearly Mother and Father God have forgiven me based on the amount of presents I got this year. H is an excellent present buyer (well, it’s really more that *I* am E A S Y to buy for! but I will give him the benefit of the doubt!).
That’s all for now. I am back at work and will be here today, tomorrow and Sat. Then I am OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF for a week! Wheee! What will become of Non-ACATS in my absence??
She who thinks she has carpal tunnel syndrome
Yes, I definitely did love my Eddie stuff!! Thank you! :D I can’t wait to watch the DVD.. I’m going to a friend’s house today and she finally got a DVD player! So I’m going to bring it and see if we can watch a little of that, hehe.
Also, do you remember when we were talking about how I always get colds (because guess what, I have another one!), and you told me about that medicine that really helps? Could you please tell me the name of it again? I really need to try that! :)