Cleaning off the desktop of my mind (ha!) – actually, it’s the desktop to my desktop here at work, I found these questions I had apparently swiped from someone else’s blog (and I didn’t save the URL for attribution so if these are yours, please let me know.)
1. What do you do to make things better when you feel sad and/or lonely? Hmm, good question. I usually write, either in my blog or a journal. Sometimes I listen to music. Taking a nap is always a good option too.
2. Are you a “touchy-feely” person? That is, do you like to touch people you don’t know that well? And on the flipside of that, do you like being touched by someone you aren’t close with? I?m Italian. I am touchy-feely by my very nature! But I try to be mindful about it and I generally don?t overstep my boundaries. I know who to touch and how pretty well. I used to always have pictures of me hugging my girlfriends and this once caused my (also Italian and also touchy-feely) mother to inquire if I had lesbian tendencies. So much for being open minded, Mom! I don?t mind being touched by someone I don?t know well ? just depends on who and how.
3. Do you like to have “me” time, time to yourself to be alone and relax? Or do you prefer to just do your own thing with someone else in the room? When was the last “me” time you got and what did you do? Oh, ?Me Time? is a huge requirement for me. Probably one of the reasons I don?t have a child. As I?ve gotten older, I?ve become more introverted and find that I get energy to go out and deal with the world by being alone a lot. As an only child, I know many ways to amuse myself. Some people are pretty comfortable to just hang with and I can do that for a decent amount of time before I start craving alone time. The last ?Me Time? I had, I went to Starbucks and read a bit.
4. Generally speaking, how do you feel about the concept of marriage? Are you the marrying type? Do you think the act of getting married means something today or is it simply just “a piece of paper?” Here?s what I think: whatever works for you, you know? If you and your significant other need ?a piece of paper? to feel secure in your relationship, okay. Knock yourself out. If you both choose to have an open marriage and share yourself with others, hey, go for it. The key, to my mind, is what works for both of you and what makes you both happy. Not like I really have a clue about this stuff. I don?t even know if I am the ?marrying kind? (whateverthefuck that is)
5. That said, as many as 25 states have passed legislation regulating who they believe should be the “marrying type.” What are your thoughts on the banning of same-sex marriages? People just want to be loved. Who the hell am I to make pronouncements on who they should love? Whatever floats your boat, baybeeee. See answer to # 4 above.
6. What would you like someone visiting your Blog for the first time to know about you? I really don?t whine all the time. Just a lot of it. But I think I am (somewhat) amusing in my whine-ability so it makes reading my blog worthwhile.
Word for the day: Ennui: Listlessness and dissatisfaction resulting from lack of interest; boredom: ?The servants relieved their ennui with gambling and gossip about their masters? (John Barth). (You do the math)
Speaking of words, did you know that the term “decimate” means to destroy 10% of something??? As opposed to obliterate which means to destroy all of something. That makes sense as “deca” as a prefix means ten (I am pulling this out of my ass so if it’s wrong, bite me (but nicely!)).
Learn something new every day.
I even heard B-AF (J-Ho’s current paramour) use the term “confluence” on Jay Leno the other night. Who knew someone who could easily work that word into a sentence would be so stupid as to get involved with her??
(Listening to Paula Abdul “Forever your girl” on Netscape radio)