Ummm, okay. I am clearly not an expert on terrorism and even *I* can tell you another 9/11 attack is likely. This is news?? It’s more like Duh to infinity, if you ask me.
Another Sept. 11-style terrorism attack is “highly likely” in the United States, which ranks fourth in an index assessing the risk to 186 countries, a research company said Sunday
I want to know how much money this “research company” gets for stating the obvious. How much? huh? huh?
Okay, got that out of the way. Now on to more pressing matters – my little life. Today we went to a Virginia wine festival. I haven’t been to one since we went several years ago. That’s the annual festival held in Richmond (my hometown (sob)) and we went with the exBF and his wife on the hottest day EVER in the world. Okay, I exaggerate. It was mighty warm for May though. This wasn’t that bad – we went early (11ish) when the gates opened so there wasn’t a huge crowd. Definitely NOT a place to go when doing atkins though. Man, the crap they weren’t serving! (sobs again) They had fried dough (yummm!), boardwalk fries (yummm!) and other treats (and that’s not the half of it!). With the help of my H, I managed to avoid the food traps, taste some not-so-bad wine (but didn’t taste anything that made me rave) and bought a Tshirt. We left about 12:30 just as it was starting to get crowded.
We were also going to go to the Computer Show at the Dulles Expo but given that we had spent $36 just to get in to the wine fest, and it would be another $14 to get into the computer show, we decided to just bag that idea. I know they have to make their money somehow but it just seems a bit steep to me (one who prefers to go and look and not to buy). Of course, I always can exercise the option of not going and so I did. We ended up eating lunch at Pizza Uno (but had steak and no pizza) and then came on home. A nice day, all told.
Don’t ask me why these thoughts rumble through my head while driving but they did:
1. I do not want to be buried. I want to be cremated. H has strict instrx on that matter. “Dust to Dust” and all that stuff, you know? (Ashes to be strewn about the ocean, of course)
2. Along those same lines, what is the point of a graveyard? Me, I don’t get it. You’re just taking up space and for what? I recognize others find comfort in going to visit their departed loved ones. I’m just not one of those and it all seems so pointless to me. To my way of thinking, once they’re gone, they’re gone. If I want to remember my dad, my grandma or grandpa, all I need to do is think of them and the love I shared with them. I don’t need to drive someplace to honor their memory. Again, this is just me. I’m not saying everyone should feel this way (my evil twin says I am but she’s wrong, as usual) but this is what I believe.
3. Caffeine free Diet Pepsi tastes pooty if you let it sit out. Like all the carbonation goes out of it and it tastes ooky. Just FYI.
4. I have to clean out the Peegs cage and I’m procrastinating. Can you tell?
5. “Bridget Jones’s Diary” remains my favorite movie. Many on BHoRC hate Renee Zellweger but I rather liked her in “Jerry Maguire” and cannot imagine anyone being BJ but her. (Yes, I watched this on cable Friday night for the bizillionith time)
6. I’m reading a book called “Wanderlust” by Chris Dyer and it’s written entirely in emails back and forth between the one main character and a score of others. Done very well, I might add. I always thought that I would write a book that was comprised of letters back and forth between two people. I”ve read two such books, one done well and one not. I don’t think it’s as easy to do as some make it seem. One of the characters in Wanderlust, Miles Maxwell, is british and I LOVE his emails. So vedddy proper and english. It gives me glee just to read them. And the emails between the main character (Kate) and her best friend (Violet) are very much how Twinnie and I converse. Thus, I am damn jealous while enjoying the hell out of this light summer read.
I have made a vow to myself that I will take three (3) coaching classes during the month of September. I really need to get on track with that. I’m already bored to death at work now and know that account transfer will not be the wave of my future. I need to find a new career. What should it be? If you have a suggestion, you are most welcome to comment on it below.
Lyric for today:
Part of the Plan – Dan Fogelberg
I have these moments
All steady and strong
I’m feeling so holy and humble
The next thing I know
I’m all worried and weak
And I feel myself
Starting to crumble.
The meanings get lost
And the teachings get tossed
And you don’t know what you’re
Going to do next.
You wait for the sun
But it never quite comes
Some kind of message comes
Through to you.
Some kind of message comes through.
And it says to you…
Love when you can
Cry when you have to…
Be who you must
That’s a part of the plan
Await your arrival
With simple survival
And one day we’ll all understand…