Random stuff rolling through my head:
* Do you like my new layout? Courtesy, as always, of HTML guru La. Thank ya, baby. When I have copious amounts of free time, I will learn it and be able to do it myself since once your butt goes off to college, I’m gonna lose my own personal webmaster.
* I got this really nice email from my Uncle Bob and it just made my bitty heart happy.
Lisa: I read your note to Charlie, dearest. You are a born writer and I think you should try writing. I have noticed this before with your other notes. I’m serious. Uncle Bob
Writing is part of who I am and I will be chatting on in my own goofy fashion when I’m 80. Can you begin to imagine what I will be writing about then? I will be cranky and mean, I suppose. Someone make sure I stay on my meds. Best to keep (certain) women in my family sedated in their dotage and I fear I am one of them. :(
* All my dialing did not save Scott Savol on American Idol but that’s okay. It gave me a cause to champion and accounted for my first warning on TWOP. Excellent work, Lisa.
* Had a nice visit with the mother for Mother’s Day. We did it on Saturday since we were going to take her out to lunch and it’s always a zoo on that Sunday. Plans went wicked awry and we ended up sitting out on the patio outside the nursing home and enjoying lunch brought to us courtesy of my own sweet Duty. I think she was happy just to get out of the room she’s been stuck in (albeit by a window) for about 5 months now. The weather was great (thank you Universe) and she was feeling good so it all worked out in the end.
* We had dinner at Casa de Cousin d’amour (am I mixing my languages?) on Sunday and celebrated mother and Godmother’s Day. Thanks to the GOL for yummy dinners and awesome desserts. I will share the spoils with my co-workers and let them gain all the weight! hehe I also received cards from each segment of my pet population: kitties, doggie and peegs. Duty buys cards only for me (his family is not so big on cards) and I must say he does a faboo job of picking them out. He left them placed strategically on each pet dining area so I’d see them easily. What a sweetie.
* Work: Oh how I hate it. I can now top the fool who was worried about his quote being off five cents with a nitwit who called complaining of a one cent difference in a dividend. ONE FUCKING CENT! I couldn’t hide my astonishment at the fact that not only a. he was worried about a penny but b. he called and wasted my time and his over a penny and c. what kind of life must he have if this is what causes him to get his panties in a wad? I so wanted to say this: “Dude, hang up the phone, turn off your computer, walk outside and take about 10 deep breaths. See the trees all around you and smell the fresh air. *This* is what’s important, not a penny you didn’t get.” Alas, I told him it was a rounding issue (which it was) and when he replied that it wasn’t a satisfactory answer (??!!), I gave him over to Rich who told him the same damn thing but apparently didn’t have the WTF? tone in his voice so cloistered anal dude bought it. GAH! I have mentioned to my most beloved Universe that “I GET IT” that I’m supposed to be elsewhere and to quit reinforcing that but Uni seems to have its own wisdom on these matters and keeps on pushing my buttons. This is gonna be a long 3 weeks, yo. Plus, Hooty is being the height of her usual bitch self because she’s pissed about crap turn of events and is being very P/a to me. If I weren’t leaving and it didn’t matter in the scheme of things, I’d so go off on her ass. Someone needs to bitchslap her into next year. Truly, I dislike this person as much as I ever have.
* Reiki Level 1 class on Saturday! Wheeeee! I’m very excited to finally learn this.
* Packing is, uh, fun? Yeah, that’s the ticket. It is, however, giving me a good reason to de-clutter and decide only to keep the stuff that works for me now. It’s time to quit dragging crap around with me that I don’t need/want/love any longer. Plus, I’ve been told that our new abode is not to be cluttered up (and I hate to agree with him but I do). So, out goes lots of crap. I am giving lots of books away to the library since that way many people can benefit from them (although what “benefit” one gets from a Dr. Phil book is still up for grabs). There’s no sense dragging them over to the used book store since I happen to know their self-help section very well and there are many, many Dr. P books there so I will get about 3 cents for it. Best to just give it away. Yard sale in Mary’s neighborhood on June 11 so I’m getting stuff in a pile there too and hauling it over for that.
Anyway, lots going on in the next month. Prepare for whining, bitching and then absolute joy!