It’s Wednesday night and I’m usually hammering out my weekly Thursday 13 full of fun, wit and assorted family secrets.
Except, as you can see, SP is in the process of being upgraded from crappy old version to less crappy not-as-old version and comments aren’t working right (yet) and we (okay, just Jon) have to put the template back in. Apparently, that’s a bit of a sticky wicket in WP upgrades. It might be a few days, kids. We went back to 1.2 for now.
So, yeah. The question becomes this: If a tree falls in the woods, but no one can comment on it, has it really fallen? Deep stuff, hey? Yeah, I know. Not. Since much of the fun of the 13 is commenting and stuff, I feel I’d be shortchanging you, my glorious fans, by 13ing and then saying “Nope! Can’t comment.” And that’s just mean. Not to mention frustrating. I’d hate to do that to you all.
Then again, perhaps it might be an interesting experiment.
(but now you actually can if ya want – scroll back up to the top of the post and look for the word HEARTS and click on it!)
1. My weight is back up to its highest post gastric bypass weight. Me and the body had a little chat and we are going to be working together to address this issue. I have a magnet on my fridge that says “Miracles happen. Save the skinny jeans.” They do and I am.
2. I grow more and more appalled by our government each day. However, what I am most appalled about is that these thieves have cloaked themself in “morality” while they steal this country right beneath our nose. And no matter what evidence you show them, 30some percent of the country don’t even see this.
3. Country music depresses me terribly. I was in the Dollar General last week, feeling all blue and wonky and as usual they were blaring the local country music station. It was all I could do not to slit my wrist in the 50 cent card aisle. (Note to self: Do not visit the Dollar General when mopey. Even if they have lots of stuff for cheap.)
4. I have a fantabulous vocabulary. I was regularly ridiculed in chat rooms back in the day for trying to sound “hoity-toity”. I wasn’t. That is just how I speak. And yes, I always get 100% on the Reader’s Digest “Word Power” tests, thankyouverymuch.
5. When I was a kid, I hated taking out the trash. I particularly hated it when my parents had a party and I’d have to haul out the beer bottles. For some reason, I felt sorry for the bottles all clanking together and stuff. My dad thought I was trying to get out of lugging out the trash. I didn’t want to tell him the real reason.
6. I wish I had had the opportunity to have a child because I learned how to be a great mom from watching my friend Margaret. I used to babysit for her daughters, Emily and Maddie, and spent a lot of time with them. They were my family in Richmond. One time I hugged Emily a bit too tight and she was telling Margaret about it. Margaret said “Tell Lisa how you feel.” She did and I apologized. I liked how she taught Em to speak directly to the person about her feelings. We didn’t learn that in my family. (Maddie used to call me “Isa” since she couldn’t say “Lisa”. I loved that kid!)
7. No matter where I am when I hear the song “Into the Groove” by Madonna, I want to dance. Why couldn’t THAT song be playing at the Dollar General, huh??
8. I used to dance up a storm. It was my main way to process my emotions and energy. Now, I sit on my (ever widening) ass and blog. Hmmm. Might have to re-think that one.
9. I saw Carolyn Myss speak and the one thing I took from it were her words: “Where are you if you’re not here” – meaning, if you aren’t living in the present, where are you? And why? It made me think back to a period of years where I lived in my head in some little fantasy world. All that time, my life went on but I wasn’t present for it, really.
10. Most of my important spiritual teachers in life have names that begin with R: Rixie, Rose, Regina, Roger (aka Duty) and even the mother (Rosemary). I find that to be very interesting. Meaningless? I think not. But what it means, no idea. The Uni will tell me if they think I need to know.
11. Discernment is a lesson that I have been in the process of learning. Also, discipline (of the healthy kind). Both begin with the letter D. Hmmmm. What’s that about? heheh (I can even laugh at myself)
12. I wish I had met Duty’s mom. SIL says she would have loved that I take such good care of her son. (How could I not? He’s a sweetie!)
13. I was going to show off the Patron Saint of Snarkypants
I shall be trolling the TT list tonight and visiting all my pals,
Bonus 13a: I feel like I lost most of my personality when my template was changed. Is this something for which I should seek (more) therapy??
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!