So, yeah. I had the summer off and enjoyed it to the hilt. And now that I’ve been back to work for, oh, 7 days now, here are some things I’ve noticed.
1. Is there such a thing as email withdrawal? Because I think I have it. I have two comps at my desk – one with restricted ‘net access and one with no restriction. Unfortunately, the unrestricted one is NOT the one I am on most of the time so if I’m busy on the other one typing away, Boss McTizzypants will begin to wonder. One must make a good impression even if one is friendly with B. McTizzyPants and even if B McTP goofs off more than a normal amount. He can. He be the boss. I be in withdrawal.
2. Getting up at 6am sucks. While it’s true that most days I was up at 7:30 when I wasn’t working, HAVING to get up is the key. Thankfully, Duty brings me coffee in an effort to coax me out of the nice, comfy bed. It works. (Bless his heart. Wubbies for everyone!)
3. Niki, our receptionist, is a great young lady. I really, really like her. She’s sweet, sincere, willing to do whatever she is asked to do and answers the phone with a smile. She is a wonderful representative of the company. (And she’s into the woo-woo, too-too!)
4. I don’t mind the 50 minute drive into work but the often 90 minute drive home is a pain in the ass. I was thinking of doing my 13 on stupid car crap that I notice on the drive to and from work but didn’t want to get myself all riled up.
4a. If you are driving the speed limit or below, please to be moving your ass to the right lane. I promise not to harass you.
5. Dressing up is fun … for a while. Day 8 of dressing up and my feeties are hurting from wearing heels. I am paying the price for wearing sneakers and jeans to work for six years. But I sure look purty most days. (But ouch ouch ouch)
6. Well, I’m all out of the loop on my political news. I get the vague feeling we are all on a slippery slope to mass chaos courtesy of “dear leader” and pals. When that happens, I know I’m gonna miss all the fun. Someone email me when that happens, K? Hopefully, I will be on my internets machine then.
7. And in addition to being out of the loop on what’s happening to Amerikka, I am woefully behind on the celeb gossip. Lindsey Lohan slipped in her own vomit and broke her wrist? Britney gave her child a name that’s gonna get his ass beat in school? Man. This just sucks. Although, this limits the amount of time I am forced to see Perez’s face each day. UGH! I really hate that. Anyone hear any good celeb gossip?
8. It may be a function of the ouchy shoes or the fact that we get a mere 30 mins for lunch (!!) or the fact that I’m lazy as hell, but I never go out to lunch now. Greatest Receptionist Ever (or GRE from now on) is very happy to go fetch lunch for B McTizzyPants and me and I am spoiled now. (I’m gonna have to do something really nice for her on the DL because she’s a sweetie.)
9. Brushing your teeth at the sink is the kitchen is NASSSSTY. Stop that, baby broker who has ugly brown shoes! I told McTizzyPants that I would be happy to mention the sheer nastiness of that to BB and while the little devil side of him would LURVE me to cause a ruckus over it, the
10. I subscribed to the Stephanie Miller podcast because I got used to listening to the show from 9am-12pm every day. But listening to it all crammed into my evening isn’t the same. And now, I’m woefully behind on my Stephcasts, too. That’s why I got an IPOD nano (in addition to my regular IPOD) so I can load up my podcasts and listen on the way into work. That should bring me back into the loop on politics.
11. I miss my Post Office and Kmart runs. In the wee burg of Stevensville, that’s big fun, you know. Oh, I am also running a tad behind on my ChemoAngel/Senior Angel/Soldier’s Angels cards as well. I had to play catch up on the weekend. How DO you guys with kids do it? I bow to your skillz.
12. It’s nice to be in my professional comfort zone again. Did we credit back the wire fee for the mistake that was made to Mr. X? Check. What forms do you need to move all assets from single name to joint? Print them out for Mr. Y, won’t you? Check. Yeah, I’m all about brokerage ops, baybeeee.
13. I know that this is where I will be for one year. It’s a way for me to get to my next step and I am thankful for all that lies ahead of me. Look forward to some fun stories about Boss McTizzypants, GRE, BB who is minus a teefbrush, Bombastic Big Guy and more as I get to know the characters in the office. All in all, I’ve been in worse places (oh lord, have I!!) and this one is just peachy. :)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants