1. Kept the critter population in the backyard happy. I’ve got bird feeders and I put corn out for my squirrels and various and sundry other treats. They sure do love me! :-) Not so much when I let Max out and he chases the squirrels up the tree but it’s all good.
2. Assumed responsibility where it was mine to take. Sometimes, it was thrust upon me (waves to Boss McTizzypants) and other times it was something I sought. Either way, I stepped up to the plate and took a swing.
3. Enjoyed my summer off a lot more this year than last. No drinking 37 pots of coffee and wallowing in depression. NO! I managed just two pots a day and got lots accomplished. I was thankful not to have to go to work at the Pet Vet place anymore!
4. Finally put all my woo-woo skills into one focused path. Re-did my Reiki Level 1 and 2 classes and learned how to do full sessions for people. AND! Had an amazing time at the Pathways expo and got to get paid to do intuitive readings. That was so cool! Really made me feel as if I could actually do this stuff!
5. Fully embraced my sadness over losing Lauren. If that meant crying as I listened to the 100th playing of “I’ll be there” by Escape Club or giving a speech at the Relay for Life in her honor or crying some more, I did it. I understand more fully now how it feels to lose the person you loved most in the world. It sucks. But I’m still here and I know we will be together again in another lifetime.
6. Paid attention to my guidance and that helped me have NO regrets with my mom before she passed over. I am so thankful that I can tune in to my higher self or the angels or God and not only get guidance but actually LISTEN to it and ACT on it.
7. I learned how to enjoy giving parties instead of sweating it out, running around like a goof and collapsing on the couch when everyone has gone. I have a feeling they are going to get even more casual than they are now. I am definitely not a “stand on ceremony” kind of chick.
8. Made new blog friends! :-) Joined the TT group (waves to all of you), surfed around on some other blogs and stole ideas and left lots of comments.
9. Did the Blogathon 2k6 with Cousin ‘O Love. That was fun. Next year must corral PiK, Cousin ‘O Cool and of course the Cousin ‘O Love. Flair, if you wanna do it, party’s at my house!
10. Began to understand how the laws of the universe work. The more good stuff (love, energy, sweetness, spare change, etc) you put out there, the more comes back to you (but only if you put it out there and then detach from the outcome). I am amazed at the power of this concept. The universe truly provides.
11. Learned just how strong Duty is and how well he supports me when I am not-as-strong. The inscription on my wedding ring “Partners Forever” hit home this year. During everything that went down, he was right there by my side. I hope a lifetime supply of “wubbies” is enough to pay my bill. (Don’t ask about “wubbies” – I only wish it were something dirty but it’s not. Trust me.)
12. Became the daughter my mom needed and wanted. Learned (slowly, alas) to put aside my ego and see what I could do to bring her joy. We actually had some philosophical discussions this past year, working to heal the stuff that happened between us. I think we did a damn good job. (And yes, mom. I really do miss you.)
13. Finally could say “This is who Lisa truly is” and know that that’s okay. Fat or thin(ner), crying or laughing, snarky or woo-woo serious, it’s all a part of who I am. And I’m glad to say “This is me”.
(Thanks to (who else?) Duty for inspiration for tonight’s post. I almost had to blow past this week but he saved the day!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants