PiK says I’ve been kinda whiny and depressed on this here blog and I better cheer my ass up! (ok, she didn’t say it in just those words) so Duty suggested I do a TT about the good things that have happened this year. Me? I wanted to do 13 song lyrics that I like but was overruled (on my own blog! How ya like them apples, hey?)
Anyway, here it is:
1. Britney Spears finally realized what we all knew and left Kevin F. Federline! YAHOO! It was cause for much rejoicing and discussion that she had regained (what little existed of) her senses. Then, merely two weeks later, she’s spotted out and about town minus some panties. Not once, not twice but many, many times. So, I suppose we take the good with the
4. Oil prices went down – and just in time for an election in which the repubs were supposed to get creamed. Imagine that?? Gee, thanks, oil companies (and President Gasman) for the brief respite in prices. As I predicted, they are inching their way back up so the corporations and dub’s buddies can get all the money now before they start the investigations into gouging and whatnot.
8. Al Gore’s movie “An Inconvenient Truth” actually opened quite a few eyes. Did I see it? No. But I wanted to! :) That counts. Right?
9. I’m like running out of ideas here. Is that a good thing? Ummm, how about my TT string remains unbroken (and totally uninspired but hey, it’s been a rough 4th quarter for me!)
12. Good heavens, this is harder than I thought. Here’s a cool lyric: “The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds strewn across a blue blanket” – “Wish you were here” (Incubus) How poetic, hey? I love that line.
13. “Let go of your heart, let go of your head and feeeeel it now” – “Babylon” (David Grey) and the theme of 2007 for me.
Happy Happy NYE to all and I send love and blessings to all my bloggy pals!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
“PiK says I’ve been kinda whiny and depressed on this here blog and I better cheer my ass up!”
PiK clearly hasn’t read the title of your blog. ^_~
I will be so happy if in 2007 we can see the back of Dubbya (and the lap dog of his who is currently running my own country). I will have no trouble compiling a ‘good things about 2007’ list then, I can assure you.
Thanks so much for blogrolling me :)
One of my good things is meeting you . I am so sorry I am out of my mind right now and have not been able to connect with you. WAHHHH!!!!!! My life SHOULD slow down once the x-tra kid leaves on Mon.
HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I must say, I do miss your celebrity scopes. You have a way of making them seem so disglamourous. When Britney was flapping her Great Dane Jowls all over town she succeeded in making Paris look good. Now that’s bad.
Great 13 and the final quote and theme sounds like a great resolution for this coming year. (I’m refusing resolutions – I figure if I resolve to saying I will have another cookie, smoke, pair of shoes, or sleep in an extra hour – my brain will rebel and I will do the opposite. Since I’m so good at breaking those resolution things)
Your list gave me a laugh.. :) Nice list!!
My good thing was the birth of my daughter! (and oh, recovering well after the emergency surgery I had to have two days after we had come home. I was soooo glad to live!)
Even though we clearly do not agree politically, I really enjoy reading your blog. I can almost hear your voice in your blogging…great stuff! And you ended the blog with two songs that I like…even though neither one came out in 2006…hehehe
Much love and many blessings to you during the coming year, Snarkypants! :)
PS: My TT is up.