1. Nancy Pelosi rocks!! Look at this fab comment she made today. I’m telling you, guys and gals, THIS is why we need more women in politics. (But not all of them like Hillary, please.) Look how diplomatically yet firmly she says it.
( My translation: sit your ass down here in this corner while I clean up your mess) You go, girl.
2. The dean of Sancta Sophia Seminary, Reverend Carol Parrish Ph.D., has joined the ranks of the blogging world! YEY! Go visit her and say hi in the comments, if you feel so inclined. She has much to share and is an amazing teacher, writer and mystic. If you are looking for a unique vision of the universe and how things are connected, I encourage you to check her out.
3. If I didn’t know better, I’d say that PiK is a younger, thinner, goofier version of me. Duty and I get to argue over advice we give her as if she’s not 22 and can make perfectly reasonable decisions on her own. It’s also a good thing we didn’t raise any children because our views on things are not all that aligned. I mean, my way is right and his is not. I think that’s pretty easy, don’t you?
4. I’d say I have at least 20 books that I’ve purchased over the past 3 months that I have not read. Yet, I keep buying more. What’s that about?
5. We have hired a permanent receptionist/office manager and I think she’s fab. She’s capable, intelligent, poised and a real take-charge kind of chick. She’s going to do well at the CPOE.
6. Is anyone else watching my boy Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver in FX’s “The Riches”? I love EI in it and the show is growing on me. Interesting concept and I love trying to pick out the bits of Eddie-isms in the writing.
7. I am fascinated by numerology. I thought I would hate it but I actually like it quite a bit. Just goes to show ya. I can wrap my head around it just fine. Now, Sacred Geometry? That’s a different story altogether. That made my head hurt even while being fascinating!
8. I am seeing fewer and fewer “Bush/Cheney” stickers out on the cars these days. Hmmm. Wonder why? If any of you out there stand by him, please enlighten me as to why. And try to do it without reciting the “Talking Points” dished out by Hannity and his heaping helping of daily horseshit. Dag. We will be paying for this lesson for many, MANY years.
9. I’m glad the Dems are trying hard to fight an uphill battle. Bringing our troops home AND providing them decent medical care that doesn’t involve rats, mold and interminable waits IS supporting them, idiots. How many lives have to be sacrificed so all the cronies can shove more money in their own pockets? Man, what karma this group will have to pay off in another lifetime. I’m glad I’m not them.
10. Duty is SUPPOSED to come home this weekend, finally. YEY! But I will see him for all of three seconds because he runs off to some goofy fantasy baseball festival or some such thing Saturday and all day Sunday. Hopefully, I will recognize him when he comes home.
11. I’m out of practice on my 13s. I’ll get back in the swing of it. (I think)
12. I LOVE Spring!! And my birdies and squirrels are so happy that I put new food out every night when I get home from work. I can hear the birds singing to let everyone know it’s dinner time! heh
13. Duty’s birthday is Monday. Happy Happy Birthday to my sweetie. (Sends a big hug and kiss out in the Arizona ether)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants